The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Aftermarket valve cover...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any feedback from anyone that have been using this?

Has anyone had to remove the cover after install, can the gasket be sealed multiple times, or do you need to order a replacement gasket kit from AER?

Touching back on this. I like the cover, but I have a pretty heavy leak from the passenger rear corner by the CAS. Not sure if it's the valve cover or the CAS itself, haven't had time to dig into it. I know I'm having some crank case ventilation issues, but haven't had time to try my remedy at that either.

still think I'd buy one again if I needed it, and I might.

Did you unbolt the CAS from the head? I found that I could not install this valve cover without doing so. Also did you put gasket maker around the CAS? I put a liberal amount on. Although I have not had my car on for long enough to detect leaks

Did you unbolt the CAS from the head? I found that I could not install this valve cover without doing so. Also did you put gasket maker around the CAS? I put a liberal amount on. Although I have not had my car on for long enough to detect leaks

I installed the CAS after the cover, as I did most of this work at the beginning of last year. Once I tear into it I'll try to reply back. That car is on the chopping block for selling/partout as it is.

Which CAS are you guys running?

I am running a black top CAS. Hall effect. I've previously run the green top optical with no issues, just got a really good deal on a brand new black top and figured I'd try it.

I installed the CAS after the cover, as I did most of this work at the beginning of last year. Once I tear into it I'll try to reply back. That car is on the chopping block for selling/partout as it is.

I am running a black top CAS. Hall effect. I've previously run the green top optical with no issues, just got a really good deal on a brand new black top and figured I'd try it.
Got ya, curious to see if it’s an issue as I have 97+ 7 bolt... so may be a different story for me.

Here is my setup I'm just running the stock 97 CAS. I have the stealth Calan 2 catch can setup

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back