The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Aftermarket Bumper Heights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R-U-QUIKR

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 9, 2002
Calgary, Alberta_Canada
I want to put a kit on my car but my predicament is that I am so low right now that a bumper that is any taller will be on the ground. Does anybody know of any aftermarket kits that have a front bumper with the same height dimesions as a stock 95 talon?

Attachments

• lowkry.JPG
    lowkry.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 196
I was gonna ask you whats the drop but i looked in your profile and saw 3",wow that is low..

Keep it stock, or you will have to raise it.

Whiplash said:
I agree, stock looks good on it already.

Thanks, I can go to a Eclipse or 97 Talon bumper but I fear it won't look right if I do side skirts and a rear kit bumper. Anybody got pics of a stock front bumper with a kit?

R-U-QUIKR said:
Thanks, I can go to a Eclipse or 97 Talon bumper but I fear it won't look right if I do side skirts and a rear kit bumper. Anybody got pics of a stock front bumper with a kit?

Personally, I don't like mixing stock bumpers and kit bumpers, so IMO, it would look bad. I know alot of people here don't like kits at all, but I think they can look good if they are installed correctly and have a nice wheel choice to go with them.

But, with your 3" drop, I don't think it's wise to put a kit on the car unless you're either
a: willing to raise it up at least an inch.
b: are prepared for lots of bumper repairs
c: not drive much

bhop said:
Personally, I don't like mixing stock bumpers and kit bumpers, so IMO, it would look bad. I know alot of people here don't like kits at all, but I think they can look good if they are installed correctly and have a nice wheel choice to go with them.

But, with your 3" drop, I don't think it's wise to put a kit on the car unless you're either
a: willing to raise it up at least an inch.
b: are prepared for lots of bumper repairs
c: not drive much

Well It took me to long to get the camber right and it just looks too bad ass to raise up any. I'm already doing a repair or 2 a year on the front bumper which isn't a big deal. As far as not driving it as much, I already can only drive it 6 months of the year so thats not really a option for me. I appreciate the suggestions though.

R-U-QUIKR said:
Well It took me to long to get the camber right and it just looks too bad ass to raise up any. I'm already doing a repair or 2 a year on the front bumper which isn't a big deal. As far as not driving it as much, I already can only drive it 6 months of the year so thats not really a option for me. I appreciate the suggestions though.

I would like to make a suggestion. I don't know how well read you are on suspension geometry, or the affects of lowering a car, but your car is overlowered, which has an adverse affect on handling. Though it does lower the center of gravity, you are increasing the 'lever arm' between the center of gravity and the 'roll center' this will cause the car to ride on it's bump-stops, increase body roll, etc. (not good things). Raise it up to a 1.75" drop and you will be a whole lot closer to where you need to be and the car will actually handle better. If it is the look of being close to the ground that you want to keep, you can achieve that with the lower front bumper that you want. It will look the same height from the front, handle better, and you won't have to worry as much about bottoming out on your exhaust, oil pan, etc.

This should almost be in the suspension/handling section.

I appreicaite the input. I have lowered the car 1" then 2" and now 3" and I have found that I do not ride on my bumpstops because we replaced them with ones that are much shorter with bottom out the wheel well. As far as increased body roll goes, the car does not have any roll at all. I do understand what your saying but by mt experience I am more than happy with the handling capabilties of the car. This is getting off topic, I'm really just trying to find out if the are any aftermarket bumbers with stock dimensions.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back