The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUflash AFR's bouncing around during cruising... why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLASH1970

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 22, 2005
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
So, I'm playing around with my 99 doing some cruise tuning.

880 injectors, HUICP w/ 1g BOV, LC-1 w/xd-16 gauge, e-boost 2.

The car has closed loop turned off because I have the stock downpipe on and my wideband is in the O2 housing. I'm wondering why my AFR's are bouncing up an down. I could see a few points of movement but it's all over. I'm mostly playing with the MAF smoothing to get things dialed in. I'm trying to leave the injector scaling at 880 (actually 887 in the Ceddymods) and I added .420 to the latency table. The picture shows what I am logging. I had the arrow over a point in the log so it would display what each parameter was reading. The Throttle position, RPM, ECULoad, & Air Flow Hz are pretty much steady through out the entire segment shown in the picture. I'm just wondering why my wideband is bouncing around like a normal O2 sensor would in closed loop... should I play around with the latency? I added Here's a picture of what I am talking about.

Attachments

• DATALOG.jpg
    DATALOG.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 143
Its bouncing all over because you are tuning seriously wrong. You need to do exactly as the tutorial suggests...Dial in your wot/scaling then your latencies. I happen to run PTE 880's and here are my scalings and latencies. Perfect 14.7 idle and all within +/-5% band.

scaling 739

latencies

leave maf smoothing alone, you dont need to touch it. i have my fuel tables set to 10.9 for WOT.

You should never remove your front o2 you need it to tune.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back