The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

AFR in the 10's at idle and light throttle cruising

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryJoe

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Davisville, West_Virginia
So I've been fighting an issue with this 90 GSX running super rich ever since I got it. I bought the car completely stock and so far what I've done is Drop Engineering mounts, FP manifold, rebuilt small 16g, PR 2.5-3" o2 housing, PR 3" downpipe to a 3" cutout, and an AEM Wideband. I've done boost leak test and came up clear. I replaced my front o2 with a brand new Denso unit. Also tried a Bosch unit. I'm logging with a palm emulator and my coolant temp sensor is functioning as it should. I thought I found the issue the other day when I discovered the car actually had Lucas 550cc injectors. So I got a plug and play adapter for a 2g maf and installed it hoping to get the AFR's back in check. Well after installing the 2g maf and resetting my fuel trims absolutely nothing changed. Still idles in the 10's on the wideband. Except now it runs really lean under boost but I assume I'll be able to tune that out when I get my safc. I also pulled the vacuum line from the fpr and there was no fuel in there so I can only assume mine is functioning. Any help would be appreciated guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back