The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Aeromotive FPR Vac line question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazykid

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2004
Sterling Heights, Michigan
I was reading/looking around the forums looking for good mounting locations, and noticed that some people dont or say NOT to hook up a vac line to the FPR. It looks like MOST people do, but I just trying to find reasons why I shouldn't hook up the vac line.

Also, where do you guys recommend to get the vac source for the FPR?

People say not to as they are calibrating it. Set it to as close to 43 as possible without the vacuum on. Then hook it up for use. The vacuum line comes from the fpr when you took out the stock fpr, you should have been left with a vacuum line, hook this one up to the fpr.

haha thanks, duh use the vac from the stock fpr *kicks himself*.. anyways thanks for clearing that up about when and when not to hook up the vac line :thumb:

Also when he says hot hooked up, you should PLUG the hose that was going to the FPR when setting the FPR.

spoolup said:
Also when he says hot hooked up, you should PLUG the hose that was going to the FPR when setting the FPR.

Thanks for pointing that out, knowing me I would forget.

Dont worry about is, its amazing how many people forget. Whats worse is when at the track and making sure everything is set, is to forget to reconnect the FPR. then make a run. Ive done the first but not the second, thank god, but seen it done.

Also, just an extra tidbit. 43 psi-hose off, at the least 38 psi with the hose on. If you haven't done so already, either teflon tape, or liquid tread tape all fittings-even the fitting for the fuel press. gauge and adjusting screw. Take all precautions to ensure there are no leaks. :thumb:

Just to clarify, if things are working properly you should actually loose ~1psi fuel pressure to every 2inHg.

So if you're idling at 20inHg with a base fuel pressure (hose off) of 44psi, when the hose goes back on you should be at ~34psi fuel pressure.

Dont mean to take over this thread but I have searched EVERYWHERE for the little vacuum nipple connector that screws into the FPR for the aeromotive FPR and I can not find it ANYWHERE. Not even Earls could help me. Anyone know where i could get one or anyone have one? THANKS!

talonTSIDriver said:
Dont mean to take over this thread but I have searched EVERYWHERE for the little vacuum nipple connector that screws into the FPR for the aeromotive FPR and I can not find it ANYWHERE. Not even Earls could help me. Anyone know where i could get one or anyone have one? THANKS!

That's really odd that Aeromotive didn't sent that. did you contact who you bought it from? Is so, then contact Aeromotive themselves. If even that's no good, try going to like a Lowe's or Home Depot......

Autozone and Pepboys both have the 1/8npt to 1/8" vacuum fitting, HomeDepot doesn't, if memory serves.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back