The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AEM AFPR with PUSHLOCK mounting locations

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlaskanDsm

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Hey guys, I have done some searching and it seems most of the write-ups and such are for a lot of the AN steel braided setups. The one I am using is a pushlock setup. Ultimately, I was hoping to put it above the brake booster but with the pushlock fitting, its waaaay to long to put there.

I was hoping for some additional input on a SOLID mounting location to keep my engine bay looking as clean as possible without it just lazin' about in in my engine bay. Any input would be most helpful especially if you have pictures of a similar setup. Thanks!

Attachments

• P5041146.JPG
    P5041146.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 113
  • P5041148.JPG
    P5041148.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 88
Do you have enough line, and room to mount it behind the drivers side headlight? And in front of the Power steering pump?

I could always just buy the hose needed for that application but isn't that quite a long ways to run the AFPR? Also, to make the install look clean, just run the hoses along the AC and power steering lines? Are there any drawbacks to running that much hose for the AFPR?

Does anyone have any other suggestions about placement? Or about any input about running extra hose length to and from the AFPR if mounted in the front of the car?

I have regular AN fitting, stainless steel line and Aeromotive so it's a little different but should take-up the same amount of space. I put it on the firewall almost directly behind the throttle body. Doesn't get in the way and the hose routing stays fairly clean without being excessively long.

I put mine behind my throttle body elbow where my cruise control used to be. I had just enough line to run across the firewall behind the IM.

Everyone has their own opinion on where it would look best. Without looking at some pics the best thing to do would be to figure out a way to temp mount it (double sided sticky tape) and then step back take a few minutes drink a soda/beer, check your e-mail or something like that then go back outside and take a look /see if you like it.

I still have cruise control but i can take a look into that area and see what I can find.

Mike, I like your approach! although at the moment, it would more so be placing it, taking my vicodine, and coming back 4 hours later haha.

hurt my hand pretty good friday night.

Attachments

• 220468_113839398702233_100002285199677_127728_3839084_o.jpg
    220468_113839398702233_100002285199677_127728_3839084_o.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 49
Yea! That was where I wanted to mount it originally but my brake booster is right there and with the adjustment screw and the pushlock attachment being so long, it woul hit the hood before it closed. Thanks for the pic though!

Is there any feedback about having the return hoses be much longer? Is there any negetive side effects to that?

Yea! That was where I wanted to mount it originally but my brake booster is right there and with the adjustment screw and the pushlock attachment being so long, it woul hit the hood before it closed. Thanks for the pic though!

Is there any feedback about having the return hoses be much longer? Is there any negetive side effects to that?

Get a 90 degree fitting for the bottom so it doesn't go so low.

I will look into a 90* fitting and see how much additional room it gives me to work with. I am short on money so I was looking into finding a solution with current setup. I don't know how much additional room I will gain.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back