The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ACT Twin Disk

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have the ACT twin in my car after a horrible story.

I ordered my Twin end of February. In march i received the Twin. The Twin looked amazing. So i want to put it in my car soon.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ACT promise complete direct bolt in clutch kit that requires absolutely no modification. That is why i ordered this clutch. Now i can tell you that this is not true!

When the clutch was installed it won't shift into any gear. I thought it was my fault, so i took the car to the local tuningshop. They put the tranny of and could not find any mistake. So they put everything together. After two times the conclusion was that it must be the clutch that is not engaging. Whe put an oem clutch in to check it is the clutch. The oem clutch works fine.

After contact with ACT they advise me that I must send the clutch back to the US. Cost me more than 200 dollar. After inspecting by ACT they find the problem. The pressureplate was an non-confirming unit.

When i get the clutch back i looked at the clutch. Only thing what i can see was the same clutch but they grind someting away from the middle plate. (you can see in the picture below)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The local tuningshop put the clutch in and it works. Shifting is good, but the weight of the clutch is now so light that the rpm drops very fast by shifting slow. Also the car won't idle nice anymore and the car fall of when drive and brake for a stopping light.

The rattle with clutch in is very loud compared to an EXEDY twin from a friends EVO. I can live with it, but since the clutch is in I hear a very loud rattle between 3k rpm and 6k rpm. especialy when i go off the gas. Before the twin this sound wasn't there. Whe thought it was the transfercase that make some sound. But after whe changed the transfercase the sound was still there.

Whe think now that the rattle is from the TWIN.
It cost me total more then 3000 dollar to put the clutch in and make it work fine!!!

For this money i can buy a carbonetics Twin of 6 ACT normal clutches.

I am very disappointed in the ACT Twin and don't advise it to anyone!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back