The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

ACT street disc thickness?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcefed86

15+ Year Contributor
May 23, 2006
wichita, Kansas
Anyone know the thickness of a new ACT street disc? Bought my car used and pulled the engine (blew it). 2600 ACT pressure plate and flywheel look almost new. Disc looks great as well. Got out the digital calipers and I'm right at 7mm thick.

Trying to decide if I need a new clutch or not.

Thanks.

I got this from DSM Talk, The guy who said this claimed he got the info "Straight from ACT Technical Support".

Heres the link...
ACT street disk and 6 puck thickness

I'm sure he meant .33? Not .033?

.33 inches would be 8.38mm.
.27 inches would be 6.85mm

So according to this I'm pretty low at 7mm.

Anyone confirm this? If this is the case I'll probably go with a 6 puck. The street disk was never raced and have very low miles on it. Seems strange it would be that worn....

Or I could be totally wrong and they are talking about the actual thickness of one pad.

Thanks!

I called ACT.

FYI factory thicknedd from puck face to puck face it .315" (about 8mm)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back