The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

A/C Fan

Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastRthenU

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 15, 2002
Ontario_Canada
I just bought a fmic kit. That requires you to get a slim fan. Now my qustion..do you really need to buy one. I have seen ppl run no a/c before. So do i need one? I also live in canada and the summers arnt that hot here

no you can always customize anything you want...if you bought an IRC or similar kit than you can trim and stock fans will work.

But would you say that removing the a/c fan all together is bad or OK?

Originally posted by FastRthenU
But would you say that removing the a/c fan all together is bad or OK?

I'm in New England and I only run one fan. No problems. What I DID do is rig a switch to remotely turn on the fan even with the car off. This way if the car DOES overheat for whatever reason you can shut it off and run the fan. In a few minutes it will cool it down no problem. It's also great for the track between runs and/or at the road course when sitting in the paddock.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back