The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

97 TSI fwd street beast on a budget

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlbrown1987

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
heyyy so after 2 weeks of trying to figure out how im going to tow my talon tsi that i bought for $600 from Fort Dix back to Atco i finally got it done, now i can finally start my project, first some of the before pictures
talon.jpg

first thing coming off is the wing
talon2.jpg

and this where the fun begins, started the car and found out it spun a bearing so going to get that fixed, also going to figure out why it cuts off when i put it in drive, then after that is all done start my build.
talon3.jpg

Ok so i forgot to post yesterday but basically day2 went like this, pulled the motor out and took off the stupid wing, its for sale if any1 wants it, ordered a balance shaft elimination kit and some forged internal goodies. Now just waiting for everything to get here.... I hate waiting

Great price! How did you find it?

If you are waiting on parts that's the best time to drop the block at the machine shop...if you are doing a rebuild.

Sweet ride! I was never diggin the blackouts though...

Im glad someone picked this car up. I saw it for sale on the local craigslist a few times. Good luck with the build.

So what are the plans for the car? Too bad they took off the factory wing to put big one on. Other than that, it looks like a good find.

My plans basically I want a nice reliable street car that I can take to the track n put down some decent times, like low 12s high 11s. I may end up doing a awd conversion n makingit a full blown track car later down the road. I know I'm going to put a cf hatch and Hood for it at some point but I'm taking it 1 step at a time

Day4: today spent all day looking up and researching parts and sent the block to the machine shop buuut found a gsx shell with 2 spare motors both in good condition. Went to see how much he wanted for it he said 3k for the shell and and both motors only problem is of has a blown Turbo :^\ so I may just go back tomorrow and just see he what he wants for one of the motors or just one of the blocks and use that in the talon for the time being just to get the talon on the road and build up the other motor.

Heyy its been awhile since I've posted LOL figured id give yaw a update, right now the block is back from the machine shop but I haven't really had time to actually sit and put everything together since I've been so busy at work, but I finally came up with my final decision to make my talon an official street/strip/auto x car. I basically want it to be able to pit down decent numbers at the track, while being able to go get groceries if need be, and go to auto cross events as well

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back