The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

97 GSX ecu in 95 GSX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatersail

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2006
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
I know I already made a thread about this but I want to make sure it will work before I go through with it. Here is the plan, my friend has a 95 gsx, I have a 97 gsx, I have a AFC but want to run DSMLink. He wants my AFC, I know what needs to be done to use the 95 eprom ecu in a 97. Invert the CAS signal and swap wires 1 with 2 and 3 with 4. But he will only let me have his 95 Eprom if he can use my 97 ECU with no problems. I was told on my other post he could put my 97 ecu in his 95 with no problems. I just want to confirm this before I give him my 97 ecu and send out his 95 eprom to be socketed for DSMLink

My only questions is will a 97 GSX ECU work in a 95 GSX. Will anything need to be done to make it work. That is my only question. Thanks, my last post people were answering questions I didnt ask that is all I need to know.

that 95 ECU will work in a m/t , a/t , FWD and AWD
The drivetrain makes no diff.

Before you send his EPROM out, why don't you just try the 97 ecu in his car first? I'm guessing you'll have to do the reverse of the wiring that you'd use to put the 95 in your 97 but I don't really know, as I've never tried this or heard of anyone that wanted to.

Wouldn't you sort of be screwing your "friend" if you took his EPROM ecu and gave him a non EPROM? Does he even realize the benefits of an EPROM ecu? I guess it's cheaper for you than actually buying a new EPROM and selling him a used SAFC, but I'd make sure he understands what's up with the ecus before going through with this. Otherwise you may end up losing a friend.

We are swapping ecu's and he is taking my afc-II. How is that a bad deal for him. I could buy a eprom 95 ecu for $150 and that is how much a used afc-II also sells for. I am also installing the afc for him.

I wasnt asking if it matters if it is awd or fwd. I just wanted to know if a 95 dsm can use a 97 ecu. I have been told I just need to swap the ignition wires to make it work.

So not only did you make another thread but you also bumped this one.

How about adhearing to the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back