The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

97 GSX Carbon Fiber hatch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caseyrobinett_2011

Proven Member
Mar 4, 2016
Crestline, Ohio
I just bought a 97 gsx with a bad motor decided to totally redo the engine now that everything is working great its time to start fixing the appearance i have a bad repair spot right by were the spoiler mounts to the hatch and some rust forming around the underneath of the hatch also and my question is i had a friend recommend just buying a carbon fiber hatch instead of spending big money on just fixing the wore out hatch so if i go carbon fiber hatch how much weight would that cut and im also looking into a carbon fiber hood so all together how much weight could i save by switching to carbon fiber?

Attachments

• 00U0U_cWdTN8W62vT_600x450.jpg
    00U0U_cWdTN8W62vT_600x450.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 00n0n_jWiUuADVXbc_600x450.jpg
    00n0n_jWiUuADVXbc_600x450.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 119
If buying near pointless cosmetic options for performance upgrades makes me cheap I'll just keep laughing my whole way to the bank.

That depends. If you're one of the people who removed A/C and power steering to "save weight," then it's pretty hypocritical to knock someone for losing 50 lbs on a carbon fiber hood/hatch setup. If not, then it's w/e. Either way, most people nowadays usually paint the carbon fiber pieces like that, so the cosmetic aspect is kinda moot.

That depends. If you're one of the people who removed A/C and power steering to "save weight," then it's pretty hypocritical to knock someone for losing 50 lbs on a carbon fiber hood/hatch setup. If not, then it's w/e. Either way, most people nowadays usually paint the carbon fiber pieces like that, so the cosmetic aspect is kinda moot.

I think ditching comforts like powersteering and ac is dumb too on a street car. Cant remember the last time I used AC (I'm a windows down kind of guy) but I would still never delete it. Anyway it's different strokes for different folks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back