The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

92 body/wiring harness, 90 engine which ecu?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wire harness if you have a91 94 turbo ecm will work but the 90 is different check vfaq for how to change a ecu pin wires.

the difference between 90-92 and 92-94 is that the pins 14 and 6 have to be changed the rest is pretty much the same

CAS, transistor pack, coil pack, throttle body, and intake manifold need to be from a 91-94 when you put that 90 longblock in. Unless you want to do some soldering, wire changes, and plug changes.

I would swap the 1992 CAS onto the 1990 motor, so that it plugs right into the harness. As others have said, use the original 1992 coilpack and transistor. Otherwise I think it should fire up fine using the 1992 ECU.

I usually recommend people consider the 90 engine a long block and use all the 91+ style parts.
The factory changed them for a reason and find good 90 style parts over time will be expensive and difficult.

You'll need the 91+ CAS, Throttle Body with TPS and ISC, coil pack and transistor, and fuel rail to convert the 90 engine to the 91+ setup. It may seem like a lot of work now but it's easy to swap before you drop the engine in and will make the car maintainable rather than a bastard half breed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back