1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

91-94 TB Vacuum Ports Blockoff

Posted by 99OZDSM, Jan 22, 2020

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. 99OZDSM

99OZDSM Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2007
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Just bought this throttle body recently. See attached pictures. I understand that I do not need these vacuum ports as I am not running an EGR. However, I noticed the little plugs are missing. Will this cause a boost leak? I noticed the nipples have been welded? Jb welded shut? Let me know what you think?

Attached Files:

2K  6

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. turbosax2

turbosax2 Moderator

Joined Nov 19, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    It's likely a JDM Galant VR4 throttle body that only came with one nipple from the factory. It's fine to run as-is.

3K  24

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.543 @ 100.000 · 2G DSM
  3. Widgmaster

Widgmaster Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 24, 2018
    Sarnia, ON, Canada
    I think if the jb weld is doing the job of blocking the ports then you should be fine . You wont know until the throttle body is in place and tested for leaks . I`m not Spock but i believe this is a logical answer.

42  1

2002 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

165  7

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT
    fwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles
  4. 99OZDSM

99OZDSM Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2007
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Thanks for your response guys. Just to clear up my issue. I am wondering if the open ports on the top of the throttle body would cause boost leaks? The 2 are "open" and the 1 has a plug. This area.

Would hate to rebuild this and put it back together, just to have a boost leak.

2K  6

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. turbosax2

turbosax2 Moderator

Joined Nov 19, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    Those "open" ports aren't plugged because they don't connect to the inside of the throttle body. They would only get plugged if the holes were drilled to insert nipples.

3K  24

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.543 @ 100.000 · 2G DSM
  6. 99OZDSM

99OZDSM Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2007
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Ok, perfect. Thank you for your help!

2K  6

awd · manual · 2G DSM