The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

91 1g eagle talon first build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm fool

Probationary Member
Jul 25, 2012
edmonton, AB_Canada
So i just started to get into the swing of things with the "dsm" worldi picked up this little beauty for under a grand, few things wrong with it. it leaks oil from the oil pan from previous owner stripping the bolt holes, he broke 2 studs off for the manifold. he said that is was a 14b turbo running 14psi boost which was highly unlikleyas i could only get 4psi out of the turbo, totally shot. he took the muffler off and i drove it home right off the o2 housing.

the day i picked her up:

since im new to this whole forum posting things and dont know how to post texts under pics i will just say, i bought a 16G turbo new manifold a FMIC kit with some customization

what i did was remove the old mani and turbo and put the new stuff in, then put my FMCI on.

Attachments

• matts iphone 015.jpg
    matts iphone 015.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 145
  • matts iphone 021.jpg
    matts iphone 021.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 127
  • matts iphone 020.jpg
    matts iphone 020.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 144
  • matts iphone 032.jpg
    matts iphone 032.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 149
  • matts iphone 036.jpg
    matts iphone 036.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 127
  • matts iphone 038.jpg
    matts iphone 038.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 131
  • matts iphone 040.jpg
    matts iphone 040.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 124
  • matts iphone 041.jpg
    matts iphone 041.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 126
  • matts iphone 042.jpg
    matts iphone 042.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 125
  • matts iphone 043.jpg
    matts iphone 043.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 132
Looks like you got a pretty nice car for less than a grand.
Are those parts ebay?
What are the plans for the car?
Glad you joined the forums, there's so much great info on here.

yes in fact that is a ebay set, and it was only to get the car running, its fine he has freedom of speech. plans for the car is hopping 400hp+ but that's after i get everything else fixed. but ill do my research and see what i need for that.

looks like a ebay turbo and manifold...that fmic looks like shit also. Another DSM soon headed to the junkyard.

Dude. Don't be a dick.
Looks like your intercooler is on upside down bud. And just a friendly f.y.I. before you get too far. Don't buy ebay stuff. It will only cause more problems later on. The tubular manifolds are prone to cracking and most of the time the turbos can't be pushed past 10psi.

Good luck though. That interior is mint!!!

oh i am not planning on boosting to much right now, its is my DD i just got it to get the ball rolling ima do it the proper way, not the cheap easy way, that dosent get anything done only creates more problems. but i will do a proper turbo FMIC and mani. and advice is gladly taken.

Dude. Don't be a dick.
Looks like your intercooler is on upside down bud. And just a friendly f.y.I. before you get too far. Don't buy ebay stuff. It will only cause more problems later on. The tubular manifolds are prone to cracking and most of the time the turbos can't be pushed past 10psi.

Good luck though. That interior is mint!!!

I agree that the fmic is on upside down. Good luck with the first build, and very nice car!

Nice pick-up dude. Hope all goes well for ya. Not a bad first touch-up. Next thing planned for your car would be???

Thank guys, I like the support, and for next few things I plan is a ECM tune, boost gauge aem wide and, new suspension, then just fix things that a bothering me, does anyone know a good stainless steel oil return line? Or in fact they worth it?:confused:

looking good my friend! just do the research and the maintance and get that all up to date and after that you can make it go fast!:D:thumb: ive had my laser for about 6 months now and have had to repalce the turbo, fix all the leaks, breaks, compression test, boost leak test, get it inspected & emissions which i passed yesterday!!!!!:cool: so on and so on. these cars will treat you as good as you treat them. Good luck on the build:thumb:
:dsm::laser::talon:

Yeah, at this point I'm just doing a tune up, going to fix my oil pan Tuesday change the wires, and figure out why my anti lock brakes won't work, squeaking gets rather annoying.

First off, its very nice to see another edmonton DSM'er :hellyeah:
Under a grand for a awd talon in alberta is hard pressed to find so good shit.
And in regards to your part choices, we all make mistakes when we don't research, usually a little more up front repays you with longevity.
But for parts since were Canadian and customs likes to bend us over, I recommend RTM racing based out of Ontario. Great service and shipping time.

Nice to meet a fellow Canadian, an yes I agree custom does bend us over, tmr I am
Going to pick up a new oil pan tmr,

Thank guys, I like the support, and for next few things I plan is a ECM tune, boost gauge aem wide and, new suspension, then just fix things that a bothering me, does anyone know a good stainless steel oil return line? Or in fact they worth it?:confused:

yes your first investment into this money pit should be getting link. Also Do Not Get an aem wideband! You'll have a headache trying to tune it with link. I'm not saying aem is not good, but a lot of people have issues with it when they are running link. Get zeitronix, also you don't need a ss oil return line, the stock ones will suffice until you're going with ball bearing turbos. If you're going to run a 16g just get an ss feed line. for injectors get 1000cc and call it a day. You will eventually want to run higher boost, trust me. Also upgrade your fuel pump with a rewire kit. You should make at least 320hp. If you want to go over 400, you need to build your head just to be safe.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back