The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

9" intake filter with 2g mas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbolover10

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 20, 2005
Orlando, Florida
I was just about to order the filter I just want to make sure it fits. I have the 4" fp intake with the stock 2g mas. The intercooler piping is short route so I was thinking it might work? Can anyone clairify?

Tape measure doesn't help me with the motor out, I'd be guessing. I'm sure someone has thought of doing this before.

Sounds good, thanks Marcus!

What filter are you running? Pics possibly?

ANYONE?

Last edited:
Looking to put an order in tonight, any help is appreciated. I know someone at least has a 2g with the FP intake and 2g mas that could shed some light?

It is tough to say. In my '95 TSi I have a 9in K&N. It fits tightly tucked under the fender mount area. The FP Pipe seems to have a more close/compact design though, so it seems possible.

The 9" filter they sale with there intake is meant for a SD setup car. I wouldnt chance it.

The 9" filter they sale with there intake is meant for a SD setup car. I wouldnt chance it.

Thanks Spider, thats what I'm leaning towards. It would be nice to squeeze that monster in there somehow but I wont chance it:ohdamn:

For what it's worth, here's some pics of the filter and MAF adapter I linked. Adapter is a whopping 4.5" and comes with a gasket. Unless your running something bigger than like an HX35, it should be more than enough.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I ended up going with a smaller filter like the one pictured above.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back