The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

5/18/13 TrackDaze - Summit Point Shenandoah Circuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowborder714

Oct 15, 2006
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
A bunch of us (turbosax2 #27, twdorris #83, TSiAWD666 #209, tsunari #13, WillRaceForBeer #95, and Jen #10) went to Summit Point for a TrackDaze event for the weekend. They were running the Shenandoah Circuit for the event which is a tighter, more technical road course. It was awesome to see this many Mitsu's running at the same time, let alone going all out on a road course :hellyeah:

Since I was photographing the event, I didn't bring my car. Here's just a small selection of the pictures I took, along with some video shot from a GoPro on my brother's car. If any of the other guys want to post up their videos or give more info on their experience, I'll let them do that.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The group was spread across 3 different classes, but they convinced the staff to allow everyone to run in the novice class so we could get some group shots! (Sadly, Tom broke his transmission the first day and couldn't participate.)

Here's a link to my brother's YouTube channel which has a bunch of videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/turbosax2

He's pretty much running a stock car (still on the T25) and it ran great. Coolant temps stayed below 200° and oil temps below 220° on the external cooler. He had some issues with the wideband overheating (in the front o2 spot) so we have to look into that. It was funny to see a car in such stock form and on the stock hairdryer be the fastest car in the novice class LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics man, better than the pro photographer's I think :) Maybe we shouldn't have all bought his cd of photos haha.

Where's the pic of my ghetto-rigged ignition system replacement? We have to share that nonsense haha.

Here are a a handful of videos I took. My camera's batteries were acting shitty and I barely got any footage.

Second session ever on this track:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7FBTfOnNfE]Trackdaze 5-18-2013 Shenandoah Circuit - 2nd session Black group - YouTube[/ame]

Following Matt in the Black 2g #13 in the Black group (Advanced) until my ghetto-rigged ingition shorted on the strut tower bar:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLByXlbaxm4]Following Matt - Trackdaze 5-19-2103 Shenandoah Circuit - YouTube[/ame]

Mitsus on Parade (all of us in the Green group with special permission from the Trackdaze director):
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjD5cx4iGUg]Trackdaze 5-19-2013 Shenandoah Circuit - Mitsus on Parade - YouTube[/ame]

Here are a few shots of my car from the photographer at the event. I'll have everyone's pictures probably by tomorrow but he sent me a few in advance:

Where's the pic of my ghetto-rigged ignition system replacement? We have to share that nonsense haha.

Ask and ye shall receive! The back story behind this is John's car was breaking up, so he pulled into the pit area. He initially thought it was the tune, as he's been running his COP setup for a while without any issues. I couldn't see how it was the tune, so I wanted to try putting the stock ignition back on as a quick test. Since he's running a SMIM, he's got no great place to put the stock coil pack. While he was at class, I rigged up the setup you see (in true DSMer fashion - using zip ties and duct tape). It ran beautifully and held for two sessions before one of the wires started to rub through a bit and shorted on his strut bar, so we moved it over on top of his driver's side shock tower. We had brought a spare coil pack with us (thankfully) and then stole the plug wires off Tom's car since he didn't need them anymore, haha.

Looks like a killer time was had. Sick photos, sick track, sick cars. If I could find one other dsmr in my area to come to a track day, that would be an accomplishment.

Where did the fender and hood vents come from? Ive been searching the web a few times and only finding fiberglass ones that cost near $300. If anyone knows where plastic ones are sold from for a reasonable price let me know.

Where did the fender and hood vents come from? Ive been searching the web a few times and only finding fiberglass ones that cost near $300. If anyone knows where plastic ones are sold from for a reasonable price let me know.

Thats a 1 of 5 kit.So if you have to ask you cannot afford it.ROFL

Thats a 1 of 5 kit.So if you have to ask you cannot afford it.ROFL

I can afford what I want to do, but I wanted to add aero to the widebody kit on my Porsche 935 and new widebody kit for the 944 and the Eclipse I have. Venting the fender I see all the time I just cant justify $300 for a fiberglass set to drop on the fenders or hood. I just figured I cant find who sells them in plastic. I will have to either fab them up with a louver die in aluminum or make a fiberglass mold for them. I would rather just buy them and save the time. A rivit on abs piece would work perfect I figure.

My favorite picture from the event, taken by Snowborder714 :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back