The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

4g64 NT spyder question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velocitysport31

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 19, 2009
Oak Hills, California
My buddy is putting a 99 4g64 in his 96. The cam sensors seem to be different. He tried switching sensors but he cant get it to bolt up. Does anyone know what he needs to do to get the car running, Ive been searching and i cant seem to find the answer.

Your friends best bet is to use the 4g64 bottom end and a 4g63 1g head, also use a 1g intake manifold due to the bigger intake runners. This will compensate for the 20% displacement increase. You can use the 1g CAS and wire it like this.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks for the response, he is trying to keep it stock and nt. The sensors are differnent from 96 to 99. should they just swap over and bolt up.

ok here's what you do, Use the original Tranny mount, and the 4g64 engine mount, Drop that puppy in. Now the next part is gonna sound kind of retarded but bare with me. I am not sure if the car was origianly turbo or not, but use these parts that came off the 96: ECU, Fuel Injectors, and throttle body. The 4g64 uses 275cc injectors so running 4g63 injectors might make it run rich, so you will need a way to lean it out ex: SAFC. But its not a hurry thing. There should be no check lights popping up or anything just check you plugs every once and a while to see how rich you are running. It should run like a champ. You will need to relocate some wiring to match up with the 4g64 CAS and you will also have to swap the coil feeds to get it to fire. Play around with the CAS wires and you will figure it out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back