The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 4g64 DOHC block

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassanova122407

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 4, 2009
Providence, Rhode_Island
ok guys i'm really new to this i bought my first dsm a few months ago.It is a 1995 gst completly stock and i ended up throwing a rod thru my oil pan so i found a 1994 galant 2.4l dohc engine what i need to know is can i put this in my gst and and use my head and turbo and what i have to do to make it work. I have never built an engine up before but i do know minor machanics so please help mee...

thank you in advance,
chris

you are gonna need some forged pistons for the 4g64 if your gonna use it in your gst ,and if you're gonna use your stock head you'll have to use the stock DOHC 4g64 cam gears and other stuff here and there, theres a write up here on the forum just use the "search" section

The only real diference between the SOHC 2.4 block and the DOHC 2.4 block is the DOHC block doesnt require you to have to block the extra water passages with freeze plugs, which makes it slightly easier to use.

Here are some extremely, and I do mean extremely, helpful links. :thumb:
7-bolt 4G64 buildup and swap with 1G head
2G Turbo Head Swap on a 4G64
Project 4G64

Hell I even picked up one of the DOHC 4g64s and the transmission that came with it out of a 94 Galant that I found in the junkyard just for the possibility of one day using it. You made one hell of a good purchase by getting that engine.

Those are great links esp the one with the parts list. You can not use the stock 2.4 pistons becuase your compression ratio will be to high. A number of places sell the pistons you will need I got my Wiseco's from slowboy for like 500.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back