The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Spyder 4g64/4g63t head swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99 eclipse gs build

Probationary Member
Nov 29, 2014
mount Vernon, Ohio
have a 4g64 block from 99 eclipse gs convertable sohc 2.4 swaping w/4g63t dohc what wire harness do i go with or could just use same harness and splice ends to connect

wiring is the same. you just have to add in the injector resistor pack on the firewall and the knock sensor. depending on what cas you want to use, you'll have to adapt the plug to the cas. if you stick with the 2gb cas then it shouldn't need modified. but add the resistor pack for the injectors in and the knock sensor so your ecu knows whats going on and can pull timing. that should be it wiring wise. 5 holes on the block have to be filled or just covered since they aren't pressurized channels. just drains. dohc 4g64 cam gears and the dohc 4g64 timing belt. extreme psi has those. but make sure to replace the pistons if you plan to turbo it.

wiring is the same. you just have to add in the injector resistor pack on the firewall and the knock sensor. depending on what cas you want to use, you'll have to adapt the plug to the cas. if you stick with the 2gb cas then it shouldn't need modified. but add the resistor pack for the injectors in and the knock sensor so your ecu knows whats going on and can pull timing. that should be it wiring wise. 5 holes on the block have to be filled or just covered since they aren't pressurized channels. just drains. dohc 4g64 cam gears and the dohc 4g64 timing belt. extreme psi has those. but make sure to replace the pistons if you plan to turbo it.
So i can keep my ecu the same?and to relocate my fuse box use a 4g63t right?thanks for input was helpfull.Im rebuilding the block and head stroker kit hopefully in few months have bottom end done should i use my 4g64 crank or go turbo tuff?

stock crank is good. upgrade rods and pistons both. 4g64 uses the same exact rods that the 4g63 does, but with the extra stroke length in the crank it makes the rods hold less hp. best rods for the price are scat rods. pretty much the same as eagle h beams but with an oiling hole to the wrist pin. atleast get coated npr pistons, or get some wiseco pistons if budget allows. the 4g63 head will bolt on though. use the 4g63 intake to. the 4g64 intake restricts air flow so its less efficient. ecu wise, get a turbo ecu. eprom would be best. 98/99 h8 ecu or as i've done, the evo 7-9 ecu swap which involves swapping some ecu pins around in the wiring harness. but they make patch harnesses to. blow off valve wise, if you want it vented and loud, which is always cool, get a gm maft with a 3" gm maf. stock maf with vented bov will make the engine run rich between shifts and i some cases stall.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back