The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 4g63 new head gasket leaking oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

army4life73

Probationary Member
Mar 13, 2012
bourbon, Missouri
Ok so hears the deal. This is my first dsm. I have done a full rebuild of the motor. It is a 93 gs that i put a 94 talon 4g63t motor in cause my origional block cracked. Well i got it all together and put in and it ran like crap and wouldnt hardly run on its own. Then i got looking and it was leaking oil from the head gasket on the manifold side front corner of the motor. Was getting water in with the oul also. So i pulled it back apart and head gasket had a little nick in it so got a new gasket a fel pro permatorque and new head bolts put it all together now it runs amazing no water with the oil but still leaks just oil now in the same spot but worse now. Any ideas on what it could be. I checked the block and the head surfaces and both are perfectly flat

Did you get it up to running temperature? Sometimes with a new head gasket, it needs to get hot before it will properly seal. Had the same problem with mine.

Sorry it's been so long since I have replied have been crazy busy. Finally getting a break from work. So I am working on my car again. I have it all disassembled and I'm taking the block and the head to a shop and having both decked. Also getting the block hot tanked and honed. I have decided to take my car in a different direction and puttin some boost to it since it is a turbo block nothing crazy just around 12 psi on a t25 I picked up for 50 bucks with a 2g mani and o2 housing. So wish me luck and I will be putting a new thread up on how my build goes as soon as I get the block and head back from the shop.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back