The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

4G63/G54/6G72 Adapter Plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what i was poundering is a 300gt vr4 6spd in a dsm.. the shift linkage is the same just diffrent bolt patterns.. i beleive the xsfer case is the same too.. would you get back to me with some info about this swap please.

I would be interested in an adapter plate for a G54B to a T56 (from 2001 Camaro) for my '87 Starion. I currently have the T56 sitting in the garage. I just need the kit now!!! :D

I have a 4G63 Starion and the limits of the D50 transmission have come and gone. I'm building a 2.4 wideblock, but even the Starion transmission can only take so much. The Eric P hybrid woud be nice, but if it broke.. then what?

So I'm looking for a VERY close ratio 5 or 6 speed that can take 500-700hp

Anybody interested in RWD 4G63 topics visit my site: http://zerog.beatingyou.com

jott5555 said:
what i was poundering is a 300gt vr4 6spd in a dsm.. the shift linkage is the same just diffrent bolt patterns.. i beleive the xsfer case is the same too.. would you get back to me with some info about this swap please.

the 3000gt vr4's have a differnt t-case than dsm's for sure!!! Also I have heard from several guys on a stealth/vr4 forum that those trannys are nothing but trouble and I looked at several when I was wanting one and almost all of them had grinds and notches in the tranny overall felt worse than are dsm trannys!

well there is no doubt that mitsu has tons of problems with thier transmitions. but like anything it can be fixed. if you were to have a company like tre or shep go through it and take it up to a proper spec where i can handle 500 or 600hp. it think it personally would be completly awesome to have a 6spd in a dsm. it mean for road races, you may be able to crack the 200mph mark with the proper gearing.

how do you know for a fact the xsfer case is diffrent just out of curiosity?

bottom line its all in my head and its just a idea.. ;)

black91awdturbo said:
the 3000gt vr4's have a differnt t-case than dsm's for sure!!! Also I have heard from several guys on a stealth/vr4 forum that those trannys are nothing but trouble and I looked at several when I was wanting one and almost all of them had grinds and notches in the tranny overall felt worse than are dsm trannys!

It's funny because I went through the same thing (was looking for a nice 3000gt vr4 about 4 years ago and all of them had notchy transmissions). They have Getrag transmissions and the key problem with them is that you can't buy rebuild parts for them (if this has changed since then sorry). They would only sell you a new trans. or you had to look for a used one to replace it and nine times out of ten is was junk.

well I know they have a differnt t-case because on the 3000gt/stealth forum I am on they have pics side by side and a guy is trying to fab a dsm t-case to fit his stealth tt beacuse them guys have problems with those weak stock t-cases!

Another '63 into a Conquest guy here...

VERY VERY VERY INTERESTED... SENT PM, swap is almost done... and I would go out and get a GM trans in a heartbeat to get this engine running what it should...15+ PSI... without blowing up this D50 wanna be trans...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back