The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 420A Harness rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse420aTuner

Probationary Member
Mar 31, 2019
Dallas, Texas
I am rewiring my 420a to get out all the demons and to tidy up and wondered if there was a particular type of long lasting electrical tape. I've found this automotive fabric-like tape that seems good, but wondered if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks so much!

I am rewiring my 420a to get out all the demons and to tidy up and wondered if there was a particular type of long lasting electrical tape. I've found this automotive fabric-like tape that seems good, but wondered if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks so much!

I used "Tesa" tape for my harness rebuild. I really liked it. Most modern Automotive OEMs use this fabric style of tape. It is resistant to abrasion and chemicals. Handles heat better over time. There really is no reason not to use it in my opinion.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I2MLN2Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will agree that Tesa tape is the way to go we use it alot here at my audio shop. It looks good and very similar to most modern oem wiring. They also make an exterior tape that I use that you literally have to cut it there's no just ripping like regular tape. Scosche makes a similar tape but honestly not as good quality. I use the 1/2" for full coverage of wire and then I use the 1/4" if I need to just wrap some wires together. Comes out really nice but I will say it can get nasty and sticky like vinyl tape but takes alot more time and environment to make it that way. Just my .2. Jason Penny

Split loom used to be very popular for OEM stuff. And still is in some places. The biggest downside is that the loom acts almost like a sawblade over time. So it can destroy both the wire inside, as well as anything outside it rubs against. I saw OEMs use a tape similar to Tesa tape to wrap, before putting split loom on. Makes for overkill and a very stout harness, but a little more durable, so better if it is on the underside of the vehicle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back