1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

420a engine INTERNAL diagrams?

Posted by Matthew Hamilton, Jan 23, 2015

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. Matthew Hamilton

Matthew Hamilton Probationary Member

Joined Aug 31, 2014
    Anaheim, California
    Hey guys, was looking through the forums and trying to research any kind of internal diagrams of the 420a engine. Im attempting to fix my engine and just kinda was hopeing if there was a diagram showing where like the rods are the pistons just a diagram of the internal part. If anyone knows of one or where i can find it please respond, thanks a bunch fam

Street Build 853  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. bmxunderground

bmxunderground Proven Member

Joined Dec 11, 2007
    Bowling Green, Kentucky
    I'm sure by "internal diagram" you are referring to a service manual. So what I would suggest is view the sticky posts for links to the factory service manual. You will be able to find all of the information you need regarding tolerances and specifications during your tear down and rebuild.

On a personal note, I would suggest developing a relationship with your local machinist. They often times have a wealth of knowledge to share and many times enjoy the energy of a budding enthusiast.

Good luck! Welcome to the rest of your life as a DSMtuner!