The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

4 fuses showing a short/draw

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetenvy

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2011
Port Charlotte, Florida
I tested all the fuses in the engine bay by removing the negitive terminal and attaching the alligator clip to the negitive terminal and put the pick on the negitive battery post. Removed the fuses one by one.. there was more than one short, because when I placed the fuses back in one by one it showed that the following is where I am having the problems...
1) Gauges 10a
<<There is a wire from the battery to the gauges with a 10a fuse attached>>
2) Horn 15a
3) Headlamp 40a
4) Ignition switch 30a
5) Fuse (+B) 60a
All the fuse work. I don't know what is causing the short and what I can do to fix the shorts. In previous posts I explained that I am having issues with my dome light, radio, foot lamp, diagnostic port, and door ajar warning not working at all. I am slowly finding possible leads like with the test I just did with the test light. If any one can tell me what I can do or mabee what may be causing all the symptoms in my car, that would be very helpful. :hmm:

Here are some of my previous post that may answer anything I may have forgotten...

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/408206-inteior-light-radio-not-working.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/electrical-tech/408642-electrical-issue-95-gst.html

First off dont trust a test light. Most are setup to read from 3v to 12 volts. You could have a partialy blown fuse or corroded terminal that will allow 3 volts across it and nothing more. Most circuits in the car from the fuses needs 12 volts to function. Get a multi meter and test with that making sure you are getting 12 volts on both sides of the fuse, or nothing on both sides of the fuse. ALSO, TEST LIGHTS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CUASE DAMAGE TO THE COMPUTERS AND AIRBAG SYSTEMS IN CARS.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back