The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Pulling a Fuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you pull the MPI fuse the car won't start at all since the MPI fuse powers the ECU.

If you don't want any fuel, disconnect the fuel pump power or unhook the injectors from the injector resistor.

If you pull the MPI fuse the car won't start at all since the MPI fuse powers the ECU.

If you don't want any fuel, disconnect the fuel pump power or unhook the injectors from the injector resistor.

Well the funny thing is, the car still turns with the stater. I dont know if the ecu is still working or not. After disconnecting the MPI fuses the car turned with the start but i am concerned if the pump/injectors is still delivering fuels.

That's expected. The ECU has nothing to do with the starter working.

So MPI did shut the pump down im guessing? and for the record what plugs on the fuel pump is the power? i need to disconnected for safety.

So MPI did shut the pump down im guessing? and for the record what plugs on the fuel pump is the power? i need to disconnected for safety.

Indirectly. Pulling the MPI fuse disabled the ECU so that the injectors never fired and kept the ECU from turning the fuel pump on but I don't remember if all 2G's don't have the second input to the MPI relay that activates the pump while cranking.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back