The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

3rd Annual Northeast DSM Meet- MARK YOUR CALENDARS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks, appreciate it :thumb:

My friends and I were looking at your engine bay very closely trying to see if you missed changing a bolt or if a bolt was dirty. We couldn't find anything but shiny bolts, interior looked really clean too! Awesome car, def one of my top favorite cars I saw at the meet.

Also who ever cooked that chicken, thank you it was AMAZING and the buffalo chicken dip was amazingly good, been craving it since the meet.

had a great time at the meet as usual always sick cars that come out. wish the threat of rain was not there. im sure we would have had more people attend. 49.5lbs on e85 would definantly make me squeeze a nugget sick car. that colt was bad ass. always a fan of the purple awd spyder ( watch your build on tristatetuners). and all my 1g dsms we never get the picture love but thats ok we are the unsung heros LOL. ebanks sucks about your transfer case...i had a quart of shockproof in the car..always prepared my brotha. see you guys next year

Also who ever cooked that chicken, thank you it was AMAZING and the buffalo chicken dip was amazingly good, been craving it since the meet.

yea im the one that broug the buffalo chicken dip, i didnt think it be a hit, since nobody seemed to pay any attention to it. but when i came up to eat more than half was already gone. LOL. next meet ill bring it again

I am guilty of not wearing one. But as the only girl with a DSM, I didn't feel a need to LOL

I had no idea who you were. A name tag would have certainly helped!

x2 you missed the 4G63 dragster....and more importantly my car running again.

Which may never happen again...

First, it was difficult to determine whether Eric’s or Jess’s 2g GSX was “cleaner” looking

I disagree. I think it's pretty clear which one had more thought out into it and more care in terms of making everything perform well, yet still look like it belonged to be exactly where it was.

I had a good time too, I'm glad I was able to make it.

205 miles round trip, it didn't miss a beat and net right at 20MPG on E85. I can't call it an 800HP car as it hasn't been on a dyno since 2007 where it made 620 on 27psi. I do have a datalog from the drive home that shows 49.9psi of boost dropping off to 47.5psi in the top end. :coy:

Looked slow to me.:) Had a good time. Its been a while since I was out to a meet. Can't wait till Englishtown next.:sneaky:

the little over 2 hour drive was def worth it. It was even better because the drive was uneventful except for blowing a coupler off on the way home. Thanks to my buddy Gooberlog :thumb: having some tools in his truck, I was able to pop it back on in a flash. ..

No problem man :thumb:

I can't call it an 800HP car as it hasn't been on a dyno since 2007 where it made 620 on 27psi. I do have a datalog from the drive home that shows 49.9psi of boost dropping off to 47.5psi in the top end. :coy:

HOlly mother of horsepowerOMG

112218d1280882383-3rd-annual-northeast-dsm-meet-mark-your-calendars-2010_08010073.jpg

This car was unbelievable in person, the level of detail that the owner payed attention to in the engine bay is amazing, quite possibly the cleanest engine bay i have ever seen in my life.

+1 for the cleanest engine i've ever seen that is actually driven on a car over 10 years old. Big props to the owner. VERY NICE! :hellyeah:

I've uploaded some of my pictures finally. This is about 1/3 of what I actually took, but some of the others were either very close to ones in this batch, or had some issues with them that'd need worked out in Photoshop. And I didn't take nearly as many as I would have liked as I was grilling a good portion of the day.

3rd Annual NE DSM Meet pictures by snowborder714 - Photobucket

If anyone would like any of them ran through Photoshop and/or hi-res copies, let me know.

heheh Brian,he's aint telling me,so i can't help with that.... :p

Do you even know what the dish is called? Anything to give me a lead? Or is it a lost cause? :p

I've uploaded some of my pictures finally. This is about 1/3 of what I actually took, but some of the others were either very close to ones in this batch, or had some issues with them that'd need worked out in Photoshop. And I didn't take nearly as many as I would have liked as I was grilling a good portion of the day.

3rd Annual NE DSM Meet pictures by snowborder714 - Photobucket

If anyone would like any of them ran through Photoshop and/or hi-res copies, let me know.

Do you even know what the dish is called? Anything to give me a lead? Or is it a lost cause? :p

well,the chicken was made european style LOL :DDD thats all i can tell :DDDDDDD but when i see him ill ask him and will let you know....

I disagree. I think it's pretty clear which one had more thought out into it and more care in terms of making everything perform well, yet still look like it belonged to be exactly where it was.

Fair enough, I meant no disrespect to Eric. I have seen Eric's GSX progress through time. I know he devoted an immense amount of time and thought in his GSX. I should have worded it differently, because as a whole, I believe that both Eric's and Jess's GSXs were very well engineered ("clean" looking). Eric's engine bay, as well as his interior, were amazingly meticulous (the reason I took pictures of them). I do not know Jess, other than from last year's meet, but I had heard that her GSX was very clean. I feel that her GSX lived up to its reputation.

Concerning the last picture, I think it is an excellent shot by Brian. It speaks for itself!
Jim

Attachments

• 2010_05010017.JPG
    2010_05010017.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 246
  • eric gsx.JPG
    eric gsx.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 319
  • eric motor.JPG
    eric motor.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 450
  • 2010_08010077.JPG
    2010_08010077.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 235
  • 2010_08010076.JPG
    2010_08010076.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 240
  • 2010_08010155.JPG
    2010_08010155.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC_0624[1].jpg
    DSC_0624[1].jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome time, wanna say thanks again to everyone who made it happen, and to everyone who took & posted pictures. After seeing a 3rd successful meet hopefully next years will be even better.
Hope to see a lot of you at E-town in October for the Showdown.

My only regret for the day was packing Bnib BC272 cams and then forgetting to advertise them for sale while there. :banghead:

Awesome time, wanna say thanks again to everyone who made it happen, and to everyone who took & posted pictures. After seeing a 3rd successful meet hopefully next years will be even better.
Hope to see a lot of you at E-town in October for the Showdown.

My only regret for the day was packing Bnib BC272 cams and then forgetting to advertise them for sale while there. :banghead:
Can you PM me a price on the 272's? I'll be a E-town show down.

Man, I wish I got my chili started sooner. Everyone was full by the time it was heated up :(

I just got back from my week of vacation. Made it out to Philly then down to Delmarva and back to Pittsburgh without any problems. The car runs a bit warm on long climbs in this heat, but nothing major. Did 3000 miles in the last 33 days in the Talon.

I still need to get my photos developed. Yeah. I shot film. Then I'll scan them in.

I just got back from my week of vacation. Made it out to Philly then down to Delmarva and back to Pittsburgh without any problems. The car runs a bit warm on long climbs in this heat, but nothing major. Did 3000 miles in the last 33 days in the Talon.

I still need to get my photos developed. Yeah. I shot film. Then I'll scan them in.

Nothign like actaully holding pictures in your hand. Same as a magazine, i lov reading about cars online but kicking back with a new issues is one of my favorite things to do to relax.
I just recently had a few pictures developed of my car, and plan to have a whole bunch more done in the coming weeks.
I look forward to what you end up posting.

Fair enough, I meant no disrespect to Eric. I have seen Eric’s GSX progress through time. I know he devoted an immense amount of time and thought in his GSX. I should have worded it differently, because as a whole, I believe that both Eric’s and Jess’s GSXs were very well engineered ("clean" looking). Eric’s engine bay, as well as his interior, were amazingly meticulous (the reason I took pictures of them). I do not know Jess, other than from last year’s meet, but I had heard that her GSX was very clean. I feel that her GSX lived up to its reputation.

Concerning the last picture, I think it is a excellent shot by Brian. It speaks for itself!
Jim

I didn't think you were disrespecting Eric. I think you were doing exactly what everyone else was doing, and giving entirely too much credit to an otherwise plain, stock car. You use the word "engineered" to describe a car that has no real modifications done to it, while Jess' white GSX was built to perform and is just as clean, if not cleaner, than Eric's car. Jesse's red 2g was also there, which had more "go-fast" parts than any car there (excluding dragster), yet still looking clean as hell. BOTH of those cars had a significant amount of thought put into them as to how to make them fast, yet still appear to be damn clean. Those cars are "engineered". Not a stock car with no mods other than inter cooler piping and a Mil-Spec connector. Don't get me started on that though....

Everyone has different goals for their cars, hence why my brothers is still stockish and Jess's has some upgrades. My brother will eventually get there, but being in college without a real job has hindered him putting upgrades on. He also plans on building it for a different purpose than Jess has, so more of his upcoming "go fast" parts will be in the handling department and not a new turbo or big FMIC.

They both are great looking cars (as were almost everyone else's there). Everyone has their "dream car" in mind. Let's not take this thread down the wrong path.

Man, I wish I got my chili started sooner. Everyone was full by the time it was heated up

Scott,
Eating some of your chili was another thing that I intended on doing, yet missed doing. I have pictures of you preparing to cook it, but I went back to looking over all the cars, and to talking with people. By the time I made it back to the pavilion, most of the food was taken home. I guess it proves that time passes quickly when you are having fun. I did get to enjoy Marius's chicken, George's dip, and Nate's burgers, as well as many other peoples' food and drink.
Jim

Attachments

• 2010_08010103.JPG
    2010_08010103.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back