The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

352/2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the story with the piston?
Sorry for the 4 year late reply. Just getting back into dsmtuners. The piston was STD size in a .02 block. The ring basically broke into pieces and started to wear itself in the side of the piston. Those are Ross pistons. This was how the car was when I got it. I rebuilt the car with .03 NPR 2G pistons.

Its been a long time since Ive updated on the car. Well this past Friday I was able to dyno tune the car. I just put in 1200 PTE injectors to help with making more boost on my E316g on E85. This was my first time dyno tuning. I normally tune on the street. I had the availability of a dyno so I figured I would try it out. This would also speed up the process of starting from scratch. It was a big experience that was a lot of fun and nerve racking. Took some time to get use to but after about 2 hours of tuning I got to 240hp at about 60% throttle. I am learning a lot right now with tuning and what to do so after 2 hours of tuning and making that made me happy. I was running in rich knock and running empty on fuel so I couldn't continue. I will probably go back in about another month and tune some more after trying to work some bugs out of the tune. Going to post a log and see what can be improve. The car did really well. Only one incident where for some random reason one of the new seals I put in with the injectors ripped. This caused a fuel leak and fuel to pool up in the intake manifold valley. We caught it before we even started to dyno the car so that was a good catch.

Photos:
IMG_20191122_174116_206.jpg
1122192129.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back