The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 2gNT Extreme hard start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schwebe101

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
Defiance, Ohio
Hey guys, I just got all the body work and new paint done on my car and I figured its time to get her running the way I want. Alright first of all, I have 2 CEL's mainly only 1 because code 12 (disconnected power in the last 50 key turns means nothing) and my other one is code 31, I can't figure that out. Anyway when I go to start it up, it cranks for a good 10-20 seconds and starts to slowly sputter and start. I have replaced the plugs because I thought that might help some. I also have the Oil light on my dash and I'm not sure what thats from or why its there. I do not have my cold air intake on right now, so its just an open TB, but I did throw my intake on to see if it made any difference and it didn't :( Any clues guys

I am also having the same issue... I can not figure it out. I start the car and it takes a good 10-15 seconds to turn over and doesn't sound very great... After it warms up, then it's great. Any help would be awesome.

I have replaced plug wires and it still starts up rough and shakes while starting. This weekend while i was under my car doing some wire work I found a broken plu g on the back of the block, I later discovered this was the knock sensor. It wasn't even plugged in, obviously because its broken. So my question is, could that cause this? Does the knock sensor have anything to do with timing and starting? :confused:

Anyone? I also have my exhaust off right now because the flex was completely destroyed. So between the missing knock sensor and the o2 sensors not getting anything would this cause such a hard start?

No knew answers so I will try to give some more info. Today I let the car run for away, and I just put my cold air intake on. As soon as I give it any gas, it basically stalls. It does keep running, but its really close to stalling... If its starting so hard like this, and doing this, could I be looking at something bad with fuel pressure?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back