The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Hard start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93 Eagle Talon TSi

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2012
Toledo, Ohio
Hello, my issue is that if I try to start my car it takes a couple seconds to start, but if I turn my key forward and sit for a few and then start it starts faster than just cranking right away. Like it takes a few to build the pressure. When started it slowly get up to 1.5k rpms. While idleing sometimes it will idle at 1.5k and sometimes it will idle under 1k and want to die but never does. If I turn my car off and turn it back on within like 10 minutes it starts right up. It vibrates more than normal. It sounds like it's miss firing, it's poping from the exhaust. I need to figure this out.

Replaced the iac, and helped a little bit. Then this morning my car wouldn't start, so I jumped it and dies after a while. Tested it at my job and my alternator and stopped the hard start and rough idle, now I may have a boost leak because of my high idle at 2k rpms or if any one knows of anything different

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back