The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2G Throttle Body / ported intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stugotsv10

Proven Member
May 21, 2021
Connecticut
So I was just wondering if anyone had rough HP / TQ gains from a Throttle body add on and of course port / match the intake as well.

20G Turbo, 650cc injectors, W/M, 100 Shot (those 2 are being install this week at the same shop thats doing my repair)

so roughly? just wondering if its worth it or not with the price of the TB and the port job on the intake

Typically, people will upgrade to an Evo 3 intake manifold with a 1g throttle body. Another good upgrade would be the RVR intake manifold and use the stock 2g throttle body. Otherwise, there aren't many gains to be had with porting the stock components. You'd see more out of cams or E85.

ohh ok so not much gains from say the S90 TB? and as far as the Evo 3 intake route or even the RVR way what kind of gains would you say? enough to even bother?

With the 20g turbo setup, your money would be better spent elsewhere. The S90 throttle body paired with a SMIM would be better suited for a larger turbo setup flowing a lot more air. The Evo 3/RVR intake manifold's are perfectly suited for the smaller/mid size turbos and they tend to show airflow gains across the RPM range. I had the RVR intake mani/stock throttle body with GSC S1 cams on an Evo 3 16g and FP3052 (Gt3076 in bolt on exhaust housing) and that setup had GREAT power all across the board.

Got cha, thanks for saving me a decent deal of money on such a small amount of gains LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back