The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder 2g Spyder Roof Repair Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinetics80

Probationary Member
Apr 6, 2020
Dortmund Germany, California
Hello and best regards from Germany.

I'm in the process of restoring my D38a Big 16g.

I need a repair kit for my convertible top. The connecting rail is unfortunately crooked for me. Or is no longer usable.

Now I have found an online shop in the USA that offers something like that.

But unfortunately I have not received an answer for 3 months. Here is the link from the shop and the product I need.
http://www.topsdown.com/1996-1999-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Spyder-convertible-frame-repair-kit-p1098.html

Now my question: Does anyone know of a shop somewhere that is more reliable or maybe another way of replacing or repairing the rail?

I am grateful for good advice and tips.

greetings

Mein Rahmen ist in
[QUOTE = "jinscho, post: 153790207, member: 162739"] Dieses Kit repariert keinen bereits verbogenen Rahmen. Es ersetzt zwei häufig auftretende Fehlerpunkte durch stabilere Teile.

Sie müssen einen Ersatzrahmen finden (ich würde versuchen, Rixracing- oder Miller-Importteile zu verwenden). [/ QUOTE]

Mein Rahmen ist in Ordnung.

Ich brauche nur dieses Reparaturset und nicht den ganzen Rahmen.

:)

So.. if the frame is fine.. and you know you need the kit.. what exactly is the question?

To my knowledge, that's the only company that supplies that kit as it's something they developed themselves. If you're looking for an alternative vendor to purchase that kit through, you may be out of luck..

[QUOTE = "jinscho, post: 153790220, member: 162739"] Also ... wenn der Rahmen in Ordnung ist ... und Sie wissen, dass Sie das Kit benötigen ... was genau ist die Frage?

Meines Wissens ist dies das einzige Unternehmen, das dieses Kit liefert, da es von ihnen selbst entwickelt wurde. Wenn Sie nach einem alternativen Anbieter suchen, über den Sie dieses Kit kaufen können, haben Sie möglicherweise kein Glück. [/ QUOTE]
Das ist genau meine Frage. Eine Alternative.
Eine Alternative zu diesem Shop, da der Service leider nicht kundenfreundlich ist.
Das einzige was noch zu tun ist, ist die Spitze.
Dann kann das Auto hier in Deutschland eine technische Prüfung machen und ich könnte das Auto wieder fahren.

Die Sachen wurden schon lange bestellt und bezahlt. Leider keine Lieferung und keine Antwort.

Verstehen Sie es bitte nicht falsch, kein Unternehmen möchte dies schlecht reden, meine einzige Sorge ist der Abschluss meines Projekts.

Ich hoffe du verstehst was ich meine, mein Englisch ist nicht sehr gut.

Grüße aus Deutschland

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, they're the only vendor for that part. My suggestion would be to skip email and start blowing up their phone daily until someone gets back to you (especially if it's already paid for). They're based out of Florida, so it's a 6 hour time difference. Most shops are open from 9am-5pm.. I'd call at least once an hour until I got ahold of someone..

[QUOTE = "jinscho, post: 153790225, member: 162739"] Meines Wissens sind sie leider der einzige Anbieter für diesen Teil. Mein Vorschlag wäre, E-Mails zu überspringen und das Telefon täglich in die Luft zu jagen, bis sich jemand bei Ihnen meldet (insbesondere, wenn es bereits bezahlt ist). Sie haben ihren Sitz außerhalb von Florida, es ist also ein Zeitunterschied von 6 Stunden. Die meisten Geschäfte sind von 9 bis 17 Uhr geöffnet. Ich würde mindestens einmal pro Stunde anrufen, bis ich jemanden gefunden habe. [/ QUOTE]

Of course that's not what I was hoping to find out.

Too bad. Thought I could have an alternative to order elsewhere.

Believe it or not. I have a friend in USA. He also called them on my instructions and also ordered the parts that I need. I have no problem buying two sets or three sets.
He's been waiting 2 months for delivery. Nothing comes up. Even if he calls, hardly anyone answers.

I just don't understand where it can be when the demand is there or the order is already there and paid.

Maybe they are waiting for a certain amount of orders to be able to produce the parts ...

I'm pretty sure I got mine from JNZ tuning a long time ago, can't remember if it was aftermarket from them or a mitsu fix

The original arms didn't have the cables to help pull that bow back to make sure it folds into place and if it didn't fold down it just got crushed and bent while lowering the top

Actually my original top had a clip on elastic strip that went between two of the top bows, problem was once the elastic strip lost it's elasticity it would no longer assist with pulling the bow back down

I was trying to buy a replacement pair of the clip on elastic strips when JNZ sold me the replacement arms with the cables

Have no idea if the parts are still available from them

EDIT: I think this is the part number, you would need to double check
MR311161
So it was a part used and sold by mistubishi

Last edited:
Hier nochmal Feedback von den verstärkten Armen für die Spyder-Haube.

Theoretisch sollte nun Stabilität gegeben sein.

greetz from GERMANY

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 29
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back