The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2g Setrab/Mocal Oil Cooler Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpe121212

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2006
Lynchburg, Virginia
I have been meaning to post pics of my Oil Cooler Upgrade for quite a while but have been busy trying to start a new business! I apologies for some of the fuzzy pic's

I used the following parts for the upgrade (all prices MSRP):

- #1 Setrab series 1, 19 row oil cooler, M22 ports (part #50-119-7612) $165.87

- #4 Setrab M22-08 AN reusable 90 degree fittings (part #22-M22RU08-90) $121.00

- #1 Mocal Oil Sandwich Plate with 20mm extension screw and #2 M22 x 8AN male/male unions (part#SP1T-HF) $119.00 (BAT Inc. 941-355-0005)

- 8 feet of Summit Racing Brand SS line and assorted SS nuts and bolts ($ ?)

I also fabricated 2 mounting brackets (one on the top and one on the inside) out of 1/8th by 1 inch aluminum flat stock I purchased from true value. This really has done a nice job of supporting the Setrab Oil cooler from road abuse!

I hope some find this useful:thumb:

Pres

Yes the set-up that I went with certainly was not the least expensive one could choose, but it did look to be one of very high quality and durability. I needed something that I could depend on as I have been bitten by the road racing bug! I have had this set-up in place for over a year and it works great!

My oil temps and water temps are down ~ 20% and they stay down even when running 30 minutes balls to the walls on the track. I can't recommend this upgrade enough if one is running 350+WHP on a road course.

Thanks for the comments!

PE

It's been a while, and I was wondering how that Setrab Oil Cooler is holding up for you?
I'll be doing an install using this oil cooler, or if possible the next larger one.
Unlike your set-up, I'll be using the Evo III OFH.
Did you install an Oil Temp Gauge pre-cooler, or post-cooler?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back