The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2g MAS install help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackhawk2k7

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 12, 2008
Stanwood, Washington
alright, so i bought a new intake pipe and 2g MAS for my car, it came as a package deal and wasnt over 100, the problem, is that the pipe i was given has NO re-circulation flange or vacuum flange or anything at all! its just a cast pipe+filter+2gmas, what can i do to make it so that it works for my 1g dsm?

thanks

That sucks man. This is where you have to be carefull when buying parts and fully research everything. Pretty much you have to get another intake pipe that can recirculate or modify the one you have (welding a tube that allows recirculation).

If you dont recirculate you may get rich conditions between shifts causing backfires and hesitation. When the maf is in front of the turbo it needs that air that vents off the bov since the ecu has already adjusted the fuel map for that air. If it does not go in then the motor runs rich for a moment.

To vent properly you would have to get a gm maf and maf translator but that defeats the purpose of buying the intake and 2g maf.

I had the same problem when i bought my used dejon intake pipe. I just took the outlet off of my old intake pipe and welded it onto my new one

the crappy thing is, is that ill have to tap it or tig it because its aluminum (XD) so what about the other flanges on it? I.E. the vacuum line for the wastegate, and the other line, what does the other line that is not the recirc, and not the vacuum line go to?

If you are in a hurry to install the new MAS you could temporarily use your existing 1G turbo intake hose if it's in good shape. The hose will stretch over the 2g MAS especially if warm.

Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back