The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g mas in 1g help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91-gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
San Jose, California
hi, i bought a 2g mas that i wanted to hook up into my 1g. i was taking a look at the vfaqs on the process, and they did not have the wire colors that i have on my mas plug. i just wanted you guys to check it out and tell me if there is something that i am missing. i thought all the 2g mas and plugs could be fitted, can some not fit?
here are the pics and thanks for the help.

by the way, some of the wires are not striped but have either 1 or 2 grey blots as you go down the wire to defrentiate between them.

Attachments

• 2gmas1.JPG
    2gmas1.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 2gmas2.JPG
    2gmas2.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 208
go off of the pin positioning on the VFAQ, rahter then the color(s) of the wire... Depending on where you got your harness, one of the pins may need to be moved to another position.

BoostedTalonTS said:
go off of the pin positioning on the VFAQ, rahter then the color(s) of the wire... Depending on where you got your harness, one of the pins may need to be moved to another position.

i kinda understand but not fully, can you elaborate? the only wire combo that fits my harness is the "Mystery" Plug wiring. but the first one for that is green red, and mine is green and bloches of grey. but the rest are right on. quick link for you: http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.html
thanks for the help

simply ignore the actual wire colors themselves and hook it up based on the numbered pins themselves (i.e., the 2G style plug will have 1 row of pins with 8 available positions, with only 7 wires... the 1G Mas plug has the same 8 pin "value", just in a 2 row configuration. -As long as you match the correct 1G colors to the 1G plug's pin #'s, then you can just connect "that" wire color to "that" # pin on the 2G harness, if you are doing a direct wire up by cutting off the 1G style harness completely).

i just installed the same setup in my friends 1g today.. he had that same odd wiring harness.. if you need the exact wires to connect to email me at [email protected]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back