The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2g lights problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

when i turn on the night time lights the tail lights and the guages wont come on. i replaced every bulb but it wont work, replaced fuses and relays too. the guage dummy lights work and the brake light work and headlights.

The only other thing that you can do is go back through everything that you changed and make sure that all connections are good and tight and that none of the fuses/relays were faulty brand new. I've spent hours trying to diagnose a brand new relay that was bad out of the box.

If you have all new bulb, fuses and relays and it is still not working then the only other thing that it could be is a wiring/grounding issue. Did they just all of a sudden stop working or has this been an on going problem? I have bought a lot of DSM's and Starions from people that previously raced them to find out that the wiring was just destroyed.

no i bought the car like a week ago in the day time and i didnt notice that the tail lights didnt work.

When I bought my car I went to start removing the back interior and found that they guy before me had for some reason run a wire between the back two taillights. I still haven't figured out why he did that but it definately did not need to be there.

The headlight and taillight wiring is pretty straightforward. It just a bunch of relays and fuses. It is just probably one small thing keeping everything from working the way that they should.

Have you tried pulling the battery terminals off and leaving them like that for about 10 to 15 minutes? A lot of times relays will get hung in a certain position and that should fix it. That did it for me in my 3G when the sunroof, radio, keyless entry, door locks, etc just stopped working after I put my nitrous kit in.

Do the brake lights work? or anything in the back light housings (turn signals, reverse lights)?

mine was doing this intermittently like the guages would just randomly shut off on bumps and stuff then if i played around with the headlight switch thing they would come back on.....until a few days ago i guess the whole switch dies and they would not work at all....luckily i had bought a new switch a few weeks before it happened on ebay since mine was going bad and i replaced it and everything works good again...so you might want to check that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back