The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2g J-Pipe for ETS super short route

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvernsey

Probationary Member
Oct 5, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
I am 0 for 2 on J-Pipes thus far. I have the FP one that came with their install kit but for my application it interferes with the mount on the crossmember and really travels too far 'left'. I also have the "ETS Style" one that comes nicely over the top of the turbo but interferes with the condenser fan big time, without even room for a slim fan. Is there a J-pipe being produced right now that is like the old Dejon one that hugs the turbo tightly? I did a lot of searching but posts are from 10 years ago with half of the companies not even in business any more.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

When I had a 16g this was the best one avail. The only thing is you will have to find a used one. You are either going to have to make one, modify one or buy a quality used one like in the picture. I think this was a old desighn ets pipe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-125129_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-125129_Samsung Internet.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Screenshot_20200423-125129_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-125129_Samsung Internet.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 160
The best fitting J pipe that is readily available, that I know of, is the CX Racing J pipe ( same unit that came with the Punishment Racing kit)

Fits just as you are needing it to, allows for fans and doesnt take a dumb path

they are 50 bucks

The old stainless Slowboy Racing j-pipes dropped down right between both OEM fans if I remember correctly...or maybe you only needed a slim fan on one side or something. It's been years since I've installed one and definitely haven't seen any for sale for quite some time. I have a couple but they're not going anywhere for this reason.

yeah I wouldnt sell those either

The piece I mentioned above follows that exact path and fits great, but does have that goofy cut & weld to make the tight bend

Unsure what J-pipe I have I thought it was the stock one for 14b but I can't remember off the top of my head how long it is compared to mine. But I use Short route FMIC and have no clearance issues at all, I have a ton of extra room that being said I also run pusher fans on the other side.

These are the only pictures that I have.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back