The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 2G FWD Clutch will not disengage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HadesOmega

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2002
408, California
So I did a search and it seems like the throwout bearing, pivot arm, or ball might be the culprit. But I just want to confirm before I tow the car to a shop.

Here's what happened. I was driving and shifted to third, and I felt a kinda clunking in the clutch pedal or a noise something like that. Then the car was stuck in 3rd gear. Thankfully I'm like 2 blocks from home and I have lost all ability to shift into gear. I was able to get it from 3rd to neutral but when I push the clutch in it won't go into any gear unless I powershift (shift without using the clutch by revmatching). There is still clutch pressure and it seems like its moving something. I have verified the slave cylinder moves with a camera. So there's no problem with the hydraulics. I can shift into gears while the car is not on. When it is on I cannot. Does this sound familiar? I'm assuming there is something wrong with the clutch itself (the stuff in the bellhousing).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back