The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g front driver wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinistry

Probationary Member
Jul 13, 2010
Davenport, Iowa
Just bought a 1997 gsx. The front driver tire is makin some horrific noises. The owner said it was the tie rod and ball joint, but the tie rod is fine. It sounds more like the bushings.

im replacing the wheels tomorrow, just worth it to replace the bushings/balljoint regardless?

i know the joint is on recall so thats a free and easy fix, but just wonderin if i should replace the bushings while im at it anyways?

if i do any suggestions on brands/types?

thanks

I would say replacing the ball joints if they are worn is a good idea. If they are ok I don't see the need to do it. The bushings on the other hand I would replace. What type is up to you. The stock replacement ones are rubber and fairly inexpensive. The next step up is polyurethane. Such as the ones energy suspension makes. They are stiffer than rubber offering a performance boost. The poly ones are a little bit more expensive and are prone to squeeking. A third and even more expensive option usually just left for hard core auto cross and road racing is custom made delrin (the same stuff used to make motorcycle frame sliders). I do not know of any commercially available delrin kits tho. So . . . hope that helps

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back