The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g FIAV on 1g TB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted98gsx

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2002
Houston, Texas
My car idles very high until i reach operating temp. I think it's because of my FIAV. My ISC motor checks out to be in good working order, so i was wondering if it was possible to swap the FIAV from my old 2g TB onto my 1g TB? Do things line up and what not.

Thanks,
Andy

fwdturbobov1996 said:
whats a tiav ? and my car always idles high until it gets warm.

Fast Idle Air Valve. It's the part under the throttlebody that you have 2 coolant lines connecting to. There is a little wax pellet that allows extra air into the engine to warm it up faster. As the coolant rises, the wax melts and closes the valve making your car idle back down.

mine was doign that and later start surginf, so it is currently filled with jb weld, using cold start option on my maft to help out now in the coler weather, just block the damm thing off and be done with it

Had to bring this back since I haven't seen a definate answer to this question. I bought a 1g throttle body that has the fiav blocked, and I want to switch the bottom half of my 2g throttle body onto the 1g since my t-body idles fine. Looking here shows all it is takes is 5 screws. http://www.vallotton.com/fiavblockoff.asp
So doing this my 1g t-body should idle the same as my 2g t-body has correct?

Yes I swapped my good TPS and FIAV over to my new 1G TB last year and she is all good. You may have to adjust your BISS to compensate for the open FIAV now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back