The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2014 Chicago 1/2 Mile Private Runway Shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoolin ddub

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 24, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Even though last year was the first event of this type like always Chicago showed out and shut it down. It was the most successful of all their events and we had the overall fastest cars. So this year it'll be 2 events :hellyeah:!!!! I can tell you I have seen nothing like this event before. All the spectators I spoke to where amazed by the non stop performances and the way it was organized. If you are near or in the Chicago area I recommend coming to this event and seeing for yourself.

Ok everyone here are the "Official" Summer and Fall dates for the 2014 Chicago 1/2 Mile Shootout!!

June 21-22nd, 2014
&
October 11-12th, 2014

You guys asked to do it twice and we are so happy we could make it happen everyone!

Sponsors will be announced in the coming weeks and driver registration will open up Mid February!!

It's time to GOFAST again!!

wannaGOFAST - High-Speed Racing - Chicago 1/2 Mile Private Runway Shootout
wannaGOFAST - "Official" 2014 Chicago 1/2 Mile Shootout Event Dates!! - TCG

Last edited:
Bro that's sick!!! I'm going to plan my trip to Chicago around one of the dates so I can come!! My family loves watching me race my cars, so they will be really stoked to go to this!! Hope Devon's there again! :)
People thought last year was crazy. Buschur showed up out of nowhere with a trailer, all these crazy shops, Devon running all that crazy boost on his runs LOL. And now I've been in contact with UGR for the last year hoping they can make it and its looking good LOL. People in for a real treat. Wait till these events :D.

Yo D sounds good. Im hoping I will be ready for the summer meet or at worst the fall meet. You just gotta give me the listing of recommended places to stay. Be ready Dawgs me and the cyclone mani are coming for ya!! Lol:thumb:

Yo D sounds good. Im hoping I will be ready for the summer meet or at worst the fall meet. You just gotta give me the listing of recommended places to stay. Be ready Dawgs me and the cyclone mani are coming for ya!! Lol:thumb:
Come on down. Its plenty of room :D.

It seems like a good time. Something different from the DSM shootout. Don't get me wrong I love it but after 5 yrs is kinda the same thing. Im a fan of many cars just not mitsu's

It seems like a good time. Something different from the DSM shootout. Don't get me wrong I love it but after 5 yrs is kinda the same thing. Im a fan of many cars just not mitsu's
The shootout is awesome. But this has a different flavor than anything else I have been to. I was in the staging lanes most of the time but after talking to spectators and watching the vids. Seem like a totally different event from their perspective. I have never seen a group of people that hype before. I can only imagine the sponsors that will be there this year. It's going to be crazy!! Hope to see Buschur there again also. And if it had not rained after the event.... it would have went down ;)!!!

The shootout is awesome. But this has a different flavor than anything else I have been to. I was in the staging lanes most of the time but after talking to spectators and watching the vids. Seem like a totally different event from their perspective. I have never seen a group of people that hype before. I can only imagine the sponsors that will be there this year. It's going to be crazy!! Hope to see Buschur there again also. And if it had not rained after the event.... it would have went down ;)!!!

It was a blast and I'm hoping to bring the 1G at least once this year. Amazingly my Fit was not the slowest car there. I've got some shots from staging I can put up in here.

As far as "after events" ... we really should not encourage that. It's a unique event with a good atmosphere and largely attracted a mature crowd.

Why spoil a good thing by pissing off the Monee PD and the Will County Sheriff or possibly hurting someone? We have an airstrip and we almost had at least two people get hurt on track.. that Evo that decided to exit stage left at ~180 and the C5 Vette that ski-jumped off the end because he didn't think to brake.

I was right after him, in his lane, seeing the tracks go up the embankment and into the sky was pretty eerie.

It was a blast and I'm hoping to bring the 1G at least once this year. Amazingly my Fit was not the slowest car there. I've got some shots from staging I can put up in here.

As far as "after events" ... we really should not encourage that. It's a unique event with a good atmosphere and largely attracted a mature crowd.

Why spoil a good thing by pissing off the Monee PD and the Will County Sheriff or possibly hurting someone? We have an airstrip and we almost had at least two people get hurt on track.. that Evo that decided to exit stage left at ~180 and the C5 Vette that ski-jumped off the end because he didn't think to brake.

I was right after him, in his lane, seeing the tracks go up the embankment and into the sky was pretty eerie.
I'm not encouraging anything , but we talking about Chicago LOL. When I get the info ill send it to you for early registration.

A couple ex-dsm guys came down on bikes last year, I'm hoping to join in the fun at least one time this year.

Last years results 9 cars went faster than my fastest on first day and 6 on the 2nd day. Interesting. Yeah. I'm spoke to a few friends and we trying to make it down to GA this year also.

Well I am planning to run the beast. GA welcome y'all!

Here is the "Official" 2014 Promo Video for the June 21-22nd, 2014 Chicago 1/2 Mile Shootout!!

[ame]http://youtu.be/HTWqj9M48Nk[/ame]

At the last event the night before we was at Devo pulling an all nighter to get the 3 cars ready. At 4:30am I left and drove to my crib to take a shower and change. That took 15min. Then I hopped back in the car to the event. I hadn't slept in 48hrs and on that Saturday I drove a total of 76 miles in the car to get to the event!!!

At the last event the night before we was at Devo pulling an all nighter to get the 3 cars ready. At 4:30am I left and drove to my crib to take a shower and change. That took 15min. Then I hopped back in the car to the event. I hadn't slept in 48hrs and on that Saturday I drove a total of 76 miles in the car to get to the event!!!
Wish I could have my car ready for this event.:cry: Looking forward to checking it out. Remember man,launch her like she has no sense next time. Two step and out!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Wish I could have my car ready for this event.:cry: Looking forward to checking it out. Remember man,launch her like she has no sense next time. Two step and out!!!!!!!!:thumb:
From the videos I saw. This event is a whole lot better as a spectator. Haven't been to anything like it and being in the lanes I missed a lot. Some of the cars you really don't get to see in person. Then they going fully all out. They had 2000whp cars out there.

This time around I won't be launching or rolling from a dead stop to test the car out! You'll hear nothing but the sweet sound of 6700rpm 2step

It's going this time down :hellyeah:!!!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeVyXFN1OTY]"Predator": I'm Gonna Have Me Some Fun - YouTube[/ame]

And the rev limiter is set to the correct rpm ROFL.

From the videos I saw. This event is a whole lot better as a spectator. Haven't been to anything like it and being in the lanes I missed a lot. Some of the cars you really don't get to see in person. Then they going fully all out. They had 2000whp cars out there.

I made 3 runs then joined my fiance and crew at the 1/4 mile mark, it was enjoyable from both sides.

Watching the Alpha-Omega GTR @ 190mph pass under that random rich dude's helicopter while it was flying backwards right in front of us was pretty wild. :cool:

I made 3 runs then joined my fiance and crew at the 1/4 mile mark, it was enjoyable from both sides.

Watching the Alpha-Omega GTR @ 190mph pass under that random rich dude's helicopter while it was flying backwards right in front of us was pretty wild. :cool:
It is always fun to be in the car and run. I didn't get the chance to really spectate last year but this year I will. I also haven't decided which day I want to run. Most seem to be leaning towards Sunday.

This time around I won't be launching or rolling from a dead stop to test the car out! You'll hear nothing but the sweet sound of 6700rpm 2step

It's going this time down :hellyeah:!!!
"Predator": I'm Gonna Have Me Some Fun - YouTube

And the rev limiter is set to the correct rpm ROFL.

Well alright now! Starting to sound like the spooling dubb I use to know it's about time! !

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back