The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2011 Parts Pile Complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wait... what fuel pump is that??? it looks, well, it looks like it wants to be in my car

LOL, you already know i want your 255... and im sure that the 340 would be perfect in my tank... certainly would be better then what i have now

Im sure you got it just because it matches your car paint

I got it because its rated for E85, flows 340lph (so I dont run out of pump), and has good pressure to amp draw so it won't fall on its face. The color scheme is cool though, makes my car that much faster I think... :hmm:

:dsm:

you might be right with the color scheme...

Yeah the 255 should handle e85 and 1200-1600cc injectors (hopefully)

so when is the build going down?

When I'm done with Operation Pass CA SMOG 2011, what a pain in my ass... :rolleyes: Worth it though, I'd rather do this and pay $50 then go under the table and pay $300. Save the money and spend it on go fast parts to throw on the pile! I was thinking about leaving the stock IM on here when I go dyno it again on the new fuel setup and swapping it, see if theres a difference in power to the pavement with the BJ SMIM.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

actually, that would be a pretty decent test to do, but on the other hand... would take more dyno time, as well as the time to swap the manifolds around... but the results would be good to have

how did you mount your coil pack under the exhaust manifold can you do a write up on it as thats new and I have never seen it done that way. Do you think the heat will help the E85 cold start issues.It seems like it would make your plugs move a few heat ranges once it warms up.

After doing some research I realized that a DSM has a waste spark system, I've got an external wastegate so I figured that by putting the two together nothings wasted. The wasted ignition spark is now externally routed through the wastegate and dumped to atmosphere, just like my exhaust gases going into boost. Freaking genius, I know!

Kris, your presence is respectfully requested up at Eds on Saturday. FYI.

Yeah im going to be the dumb one on this...

Any chance I could get that in english?

english-いくつかの研究を行った後、私はDSMは廃棄物の火花のシステムを持っていることを実現した私は置くことによって2つ一緒のnothingsが無駄と考えましたので、私は外部のウェストゲートを持っている。無駄な点火スパークを、外部ウェストゲートを経由してルーティングとちょうどブーストに入る私の排気ガスと同様、大気中にダンプされます。天才がおかしくなり、私が知っている!

english-いくつかの研究を行った後、私はDSMは廃棄物の火花のシステムを持っていることを実現した私は置くことによって2つ一緒のnothingsが無駄と考えましたので、私は外部のウェストゲートを持っている。無駄な点火スパークを、外部ウェストゲートを経由してルーティングとちょうどブーストに入る私の排気ガスと同様、大気中にダンプされます。天才がおかしくなり、私が知っている!
Courtesy of BabelFish Chris, now you can understand like a DSM samurai. Japanese to Engrish.

"You thought, that two simultaneous nothings are wasteful by the thing which the research whether english-[ikutsu] of after doing, because as for me as for DSM as for me who actualize the fact that it has the system of the spark of the waste puts in place I have the waist gate outside. The routing and similar to my exhaust which exactly enters into boost, it is dumped in the atmosphere the wasteful ignition spark, via the external waist gate. The genius becomes strange, I have known!"​

Thats why I put the coil pack down by the exhaust manifold according to the Japanese.

wow that was some really BAD engrish, my head hurts now

don't know were else to post, but I guess we could use this thread for all 2012 modifications.. unless op rejects this proposal.
I got a bunch of goodies I'm installing will be posting up pics soon.
Because I'm waiting for you to use my UICP to fabricate your own, and my car's down until you get this done, you've got until Friday next week to post these pictures in here and get my UICP back. :)

If it takes any longer you'll have to make your own parts pile thread. LOL

funny you bust my balls, because I got to take your stuff up there too.
I'll post a new thread, because I just realized this is for 2011.
Got to stop posting while I'm half asleep.
I actually told Kris yesterday that if you just drive your UICP down here (he's already got your bov flange) I'll take our stuff up there and get everything welded up. Or, maybe we can make a day out of it on a weekend and go up together? :idontknow:

Toss this onto that pile of parts, all of which are still waiting to be installed. :rolleyes:

- Wiseco HD 9.0:1 Stroker Pistons (22mm wrist pin)
- Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beam (Stroker Straight Beam)
- '03 Kia Optima 100mm Crank
- '98 Bottom End

Sent everything off to Tony at JAM, they're saying about 4 - 6 weeks.

In order of the worked to be performed, then the additional parts list.
  • Remove all freeze plugs, galley plugs and bearings.
  • Hot tank block
  • Clean and inspect. Checking all bolt holes and bottom tap for ARP stud installation.
  • Mic cylinders.
  • Check and correct deck surface. Block will be machined to a surface finish of RA50 or finer for use with MLS HG.
  • Torque plate hone using ARP head studs.
  • Clearance block for Manley I-Beams, if necessary.
  • Remove oil jets and tap/plug holes.
  • Port oil passages in block.
  • Crank prep to include hot tank, visually inspect, magnaflux, check straightness, mic and polish.
  • Balance rotating assy.
  • Blueprint oil pump to include disassembly, clean, inspect, deburr gears, check clearances, port/polish housing, prelube and assemble.
  • Assy. shortblock to include final wash and component inspection, mock up, check rod and main bearing clearances, rod side clearances, pin fit in rods and pistons, verify clearance between rotating assy. and block, file/fit piston rings, install rods on pistons, install rotating assy into block.
  • Coated ACL main/rod bearings
  • Coated OEM thrust washers
  • BSE kit
  • 2g OE oil pump
  • ARP main studs

...THEN INSTALL AND GO FAST!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, even on crutches and unable to drive el diablo, el diablo is still outrunning us

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back