The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2009 Shootout (serious inquiries only)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That sounds like a pretty good idea, there are tons of DSMs in NY, NJ, PA, MD, etc to get a pretty heavy crowd. The question is where and when could it take place. I def. think someone should do it and if need be I'd love to be a part of making it happen
:rocks:

I think we all have to make it happen. But i def. want sandra and her crew to help out. She did an amazing job with the meet i came up with back in August 08. We had a good 40 cars show up, tons of food, lots of pictures, beautiful skys and a nice place to hang out. I wouldnt have been able to do it without her and her husband and sons.

James :laser::talon:

Etown, Atco, Maple Grove, MIR to name a few. Those are the big wigs around here that i know of at least. Obviously we would have to rent out the place on a dead weekend. There would be an admission. But i think it would be a lot of fun. I think we could EASILY get 300 cars to go. Easy. At 40 bucks a pop to get in, thats 1200 bucks to spend towards the cost to rent. Get some sponsors and vendors to show up from the area. Open this up and you've got yourselves a nice meet!!

I really like this idea. I think I will contact Atco and ask them how much something like this would cost. Do they rent it out for two days or one?

Etown, Atco, Maple Grove, MIR to name a few. Those are the big wigs around here that i know of at least. Obviously we would have to rent out the place on a dead weekend. There would be an admission. But i think it would be a lot of fun. I think we could EASILY get 300 cars to go. Easy. At 40 bucks a pop to get in, thats 1200 bucks to spend towards the cost to rent. Get some sponsors and vendors to show up from the area. Open this up and you've got yourselves a nice meet!!

Yeah. if you wanted a shootout track day those are the places you'd have to look at. Good thing is its pretty much in the center of everything. A few vendors around PA too, wonder if reps from SBR, JMFab, or ExtemePSI would think about making it. Maple Grove might be a pretty good place for it. Maybe it should be made into a different thread so we dont hijack this one ;)

I think we all have to make it happen. But i def. want sandra and her crew to help out. She did an amazing job with the meet i came up with back in August 08. We had a good 40 cars show up, tons of food, lots of pictures, beautiful skys and a nice place to hang out. I wouldnt have been able to do it without her and her husband and sons.

Absolutely agree, get in touch see if its something she'd be willing to try out with a bunch of us.

Yeah. if you wanted a shootout track day those are the places you'd have to look at. Good thing is its pretty much in the center of everything. A few vendors around PA too, wonder if reps from SBR, JMFab, or ExtemePSI would think about making it. Maple Grove might be a pretty good place for it. Maybe it should be made into a different thread so we dont hijack this one ;)

I think this is good place for it to start. Its in the right forum at least. LOL. But, in all seriousness, if this were to happen, things have to move quick. Because i remember with the meet i started, that a lot of shit didnt happen until a month before, and you can't have that with this kind of thing. You need many months in advance. So we gotta move the ball now if its ever going to roll in the summer.

Absolutely agree, get in touch see if its something she'd be willing to try out with a bunch of us.

Im sure she will see this. Or her husband who i forget his sn on here. But he would be more than willing to help i would guess too though. I will pm here though.

Im seeing some good lurkers on here. IE-slowboy. haha

Nice, well planning a certain date may not work out because of the track's business but what month we looking at for a general idea? Then we can get in touch with a few tracks to see when/if they are willing to do so. Are we making it 2 days or just 1, if so should we just rent the track for 1 day and find a nice place for a show one day like Buschur does?

Nice, well planning a certain date may not work out because of the track's business but what month we looking at for a general idea? Then we can get in touch with a few tracks to see when/if they are willing to do so. Are we making it 2 days or just 1, if so should we just rent the track for 1 day and find a nice place for a show one day like Buschur does?

That works with the show one day and track the other. Here is the thing, i think the best time is already taken for the most part. August is probably the biggest time of the year for tracks and its going to be hard to taken a weekend away from them. And thats the same month as the shootout. So you are left with may or so to july. Kind of sucks, but, i guess thats the way it is.

I'll say this though I would not wanna do it unless it was a big thing like the actual shootout because I like the idea of having people from across the US not just the tri state area. Hell for something with just Tri state area we could just all agree to go for a all day thing on a regular day when the track is open and BBQ and hang out but the shootout is like the dsm superbowl and I really like the grandness of it.

I'll say this though I would not wanna do it unless it was a big thing like the actual shootout because I like the idea of having people from across the US not just the tri state area. Hell for something with just Tri state area we could just all agree to go for a all day thing on a regular day when the track is open and BBQ and hang out but the shootout is like the dsm superbowl and I really like the grandness of it.

I agree. But i guarantee the first shootout wasnt like last years shootout. Gotta start small. No way will it ever be as big as the recent shootouts in our first year. But it def. can be if we make it.

I agree. But i guarantee the first shootout wasnt like last years shootout. Gotta start small. No way will it ever be as big as the recent shootouts in our first year. But it def. can be if we make it.

Exactly, you cant expect people to travel across the country for an unproven shootout. I do believe though that sometime in July wouldnt be too bad. August like you said will be busy, and people are looking to Buschur's shootout. This will be before and a good alternative to people that do not want to travel to Wakeman, OH

Yep. Just what i was thinking. Gotta gain some attention. Posting here, other forums, word of mouth is the only way to do it.

WOW, I go to sleep for 3 hours and all of this pops up. Actually Shawn and I have been working on getting an event together. So I am glad to hear of all of the enthusiasm. We are working out some of the details suce as place, payouts, rules and such. We won't be able to limit it to just, our cars it will be more of an import event. I would like to encourGae manufacture rivalries. It makes it more fun and boosts car counts. I would love more then anything to host a DSM day but that would signicantly reduce car counts and it would end up costing too much out of my pocket. and I'm broke as it is now. We will need businesses to step up and sponsor some payouts.

Englishtown already has a Mistu Day, Cecil is not "import friendly", MIR has 2 import events, considering Capitol Raceway ( we have been there and were treated very well by Cathy- the owners daughter), I am inclined to support thier track. This is something I am very compasionate about. But I can't do it alone.

WOW, I go to sleep for 3 hours and all of this pops up. Actually Shawn and I have been working on getting an event together. So I am glad to hear of all of the enthusiasm. We are working out some of the details suce as place, payouts, rules and such. We won't be able to limit it to just, our cars it will be more of an import event. I would like to encourae manufacture rivalries. It makes it fun and boosts car counts. I would love more then anything to host a DSM day but that would signicantly reduce car counts and it would end up costing too much out of my pocket. and I'm broke as it is now. We will need businesses to step up and sponsor some payouts.

Englishtown already has a Mistu Day, Cecil is not "import friendly", MIR has 2 import events, considering Capitol Raceway ( we have been there and were treated very well by Cathy- the owners daughter), I am inclined to support thier track. This is something I am very compasionate about. But I can't do it alone.

I knew you would respond sooner or later. HAHA. But, i am down to help, i already have a supporter that pmed me. He is going to call around for pricing as well. I just hope we can make this happen. And it would be even cooler to make it a yearly thing.

Exactly, you cant expect people to travel across the country for an unproven shootout. I do believe though that sometime in July wouldnt be too bad. August like you said will be busy, and people are looking to Buschur's shootout. This will be before and a good alternative to people that do not want to travel to Wakeman, OH

I hear ya well I am all for starting something big. I still don't want to push aside the real shootout because the idea of running up against the big wigs and people from all over.

Guys it's probably really expensive and hardto rent a bigger track like those mentioned how about the smaller ones like Numidia raceway or beaver springs?

You guys forgot about Island Dagway in great meadows nj. about 20 minutes from pa/nj border on rt80. last I heard its about $1000 for track rental for 10 cars. Im not sure what that includes or what has changed with that. Lets not forget that Englishtown has mitsu vs. subie day about a month after the shootout and its a fairly decent event.(If u want a dsm meet just get more of a car count for this event). Maple grove also has UTI trophy day which was open to the public which is also very late in the season. I believe Englishtown also has some sort of "turbo" day. I know they had it back a year or so ago. We could also just plan the usual show up for a test and tune and have a bbq.

If a 2 day event was made and englishtown was picked maybe turbotrix could get involved? Very nice people with fast dsms, evos. Watched them practice at island and they drove from englishtown to Ohio for the shootout. As far as Maple Grove, Maybe jnz and Punishment racing? Just as main sponsors since ther close by they would be more likely to promote it ?

VETTE_50_TH- if you have another bbq I plan on being there this time, I regret not making last years.

You guys forgot about Island Dagway in great meadows nj. about 20 minutes from pa/nj border on rt80. last I heard its about $1000 for track rental for 10 cars. Im not sure what that includes or what has changed with that. Lets not forget that Englishtown has mitsu vs. subie day about a month after the shootout and its a fairly decent event.(If u want a dsm meet just get more of a car count for this event). Maple grove also has UTI trophy day which was open to the public which is also very late in the season. I believe Englishtown also has some sort of "turbo" day. I know they had it back a year or so ago. We could also just plan the usual show up for a test and tune and have a bbq.

If a 2 day event was made and englishtown was picked maybe turbotrix could get involved? Very nice people with fast dsms, evos. Watched them practice at island and they drove from englishtown to Ohio for the shootout. As far as Maple Grove, Maybe jnz and Punishment racing? Just as main sponsors since ther close by they would be more likely to promote it ?

VETTE_50_TH- if you have another bbq I plan on being there this time, I regret not making last years.

I plan to, but i would rather have a BBQ and track day all in one instead of just a meet. I def plan to get one though whatever happens with this. That was a lot of fun last year. I like the ideas about what sponsors and there are some things going on behind the scenes. Hopefully we can pull this through. But we need some support. PM and email everyone you know about this thread and tell them to get involved. Thats the only way we can get this to work.

LETS DO THIS GUYS!!!

For those of you that don't know The englishtown mitsu vs subie day that is usually the month after the ohio shootout is now the same day. I guess this is going to really shake things up for those of us more local to englishtown rather then driving 5-7 hours to ohio.

I'm more diehard for ohio, whos coming with me? Ohio isn't for lovers, Its for DSM!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back