The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1st log

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93RS

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2011
Brandon, South_Dakota
Just got my Palm with MMCD on it and anxiously went out and plugged her into my Laser.... I have a basic understanding of what I'm seeing but I haven't found anything that breaks it down enough.. If you look at all my other threads I have been chasing a cutting out problem for a long time and I'm hoping the logger will point me in the right direction. Here are all the values Ive seen and what I think/know what they mean....I have it set for DSM but I'm not sure what to set the Base Timing at so these readings are at the default 5* any corrections or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
RPM: 6500
INJD: Injector duty? 96.8%
KNCK: Knock... 43
TPS: 92.1%
MAP: 28.4 psi
TIMA: Timing Advance? 7* hits 45*
O2-F:2.5v This is a constant reading never changes.
COOL: 206*f
AIRT: 80*f both on a 25* night
BARO: 14psi
INJP: Injector Pulse? 17.9ms
BATT: 14.3v Sometimes this hits 16 is that bad?
ISC: ???? 101
VSPD: ??? 56
FTRL: 100% never changes
FTRM:100% never changes
FTRH: 100% never changes??? shouldn't these be moving?? Why aren't they?
FTO2: 100% moves but is usually at 100% not sure what it means.
MAFS:1599hz moves drops down to 40hz???
ACLE:0% does move not sure what it means
FLGO: t-a-1??????
FLG2: -fb??????
MAP: 29.9psi
OILP: 112.4psi computer assumption>>>
EGT: 255 ?????
OILT: 32????
FUEL: 111.4 psi assumption???
WBO2:226???
PLEN: 150?????
PUMP: .3v cant be good...

Im really sorry if I could find this info somewhere but I really need help a lot of my numbers seem off and I want my baby fixed.

42 views and no help????

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the data you see on one line of the log? Its kinda hard to give you any help with just the info you have provided.

Well on the 43 counts of knock, thats the maximum count, you will never see higher counts. So 43 is bad.

your injectors look like they are close to maxing out. do you have them set correctly in mmcd?

Are you running a MAP sensor?

Timing on the 1g is very aggressive. So 45* ? yea, I believe it.

16 volts. Sounds like your alt is trying to tell you something. 16 volts will over charge your battery, your ecu, so yes, thats bad.

Try not logging so much stuff. If you are trying to chase a intermittent problem, log throttle position, rpm, o2, timing, and injectors, and knock.

With 43 counts, thats killing your timing, and will seem like its cutting out. It will take timing out until it sees no more knock, then start adding it back in.

Again, without seeing a full log, this will probably be the only reply you get.

Thank you for the help.... Thankfully I have 2 turbo 92 1Gs so I have some numbers to compare together. The log that I posted was with the base timing set a 0* so Im not sure how much difference that would make but I did switch that to 5*. I am pretty sure all my settings correct my COM? is1920 default, egrt default 3bar, veh DSM, ecu clock 100%, o2 linear is not checked. Here is my log from my Laser it was a pull too 5200.
rpm- 4593
injd- 35.9%
knck- 12
o2f- 2.5v <--- Stays at that constant, never changes. Is this the one that should move?
o2r- .33v
injp- 9.4ms
mafs- 872hz

So here are my questions with the Laser: 1)Should my Baro reading fluctuate? I ask because my laser its constantly bouncing from 12.3 to 15.9 seemingly unrelated to throttle input and my talon stays at 13.7 pretty much all the time
2) My ft02 never drops below 100% likes to ride at 167% most of the time. None of my other fuel trims move at all, I understand that they're long term readings but they haven't moved after 2.5 hrs of logging/monitoring.
3) I have read in my research that too low of a coolant temp or intanke air temp reading will stick the computer in open/closed loop(whichever is default) and my coolant temp is fine but IAT never crosses 70*f is that correct or did I misunderstand something.
4) Do I want to log duty and pulse?
5) My pump section stays at .3v, haven't logged one on the talon yet but is that not an accurate reading or is it really that low?
6) As far my batt voltage goes where do I look and what could be causing the short spikes it has?

I pulled the computer out of the laser tonight and I plan on swapping my 2 to see if maybe that's my cars issues. I plan on logging after the swap and hopefully the Talon will run as shitty as the Laser and I can finally enjoy my cars. Thank you again for the response I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swapped my 2 computers and the laser seems to be better. A bunch of numbers on the logger were sporadic before such as barometeric pressure and none of my long term fuel trims would adjust now they are and idle is calm a little high at 1000 rpms but so far so good... Something else a little weird is that my boost was alot higher when I first swapped the ECUs....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back