The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1Gb talon rear conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I did the 1Gb talon rear on my 1Ga eclipse, that had a 1Gb Eclipse conversion done previously. The 1Ga-1Gb Eclipse rear conversion is very straightforward and doesn't need much explaining, I think the only thing I had to modify was the wheel wells stuck out a bit so they got a trim. The Talon rear however (which I anticipated) was a bit of work, 5 hours in the shop. Thought Id share my experience for anyone else thinking about this.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Heres what an Eclipse looks like no bumper. 1Ga or 1Gb would probably be the same

So yeah you can see what needs changed

After some cutting/impact chisel

I trimmed the metal for mounting the bumper cover, and drilled a hole in the cover for the bolt hole

I had to do a bit of wiring on this one.... The reverse lights/license plate lights are obviously moved and different plugs, none of the tail light plugs matched, but all the colors are the same. Simple so didn't take any pics, just time consuming. Also note the corner lights of the talon are dual element, and are- parking light/turn signal, eclipse is just turn signal. Any questions feel free to PM, thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back