The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink 1g tsi speed density

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark E Brooks

Probationary Member
Mar 23, 2020
Waynesboro, Virginia
Looking to get some more out of my stock engine setup thinking of going speed density my question is can u do this without tuning dont bash me im new to dsm and turners all together i work at a parts store so the setup is easy for me a fab up just not very knowledgeable on the whole tuning part

You will need an ecmlink equipped ECU to do so, and there is tuning involved. That's what's actually giving you gains, not just swapping to SD itself.

https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/

Start reading through that, there's tons of good info, and SD operation is covered to a point as well.

Theoretically you shouldn't need any tuning/calibration if the car is completely stock. As mentioned, you'll need an IAT, MAP sensor and ecmlink unless you want to full stand-alone ecu. Probably not worth the effort on a stock engine; better, easier mods to do.

Theoretically you shouldn't need any tuning/calibration if the car is completely stock. As mentioned, you'll need an IAT, MAP sensor and ecmlink unless you want to full stand-alone ecu. Probably not worth the effort on a stock engine; better, easier mods to do.
What other mods can i do i i have a manual boost controller but it hits fuel cut at like 12 psi

What other mods can i do i i have a manual boost controller but it hits fuel cut at like 12 psi
ECMlink will still be the best mod you can do for your car. Any other bolt on may gain some power, but the limitations of the stock ECU will still be apparent, such as your fuel cut issue. ECMlink essentially eliminates the fuel cut function, while allowing you to modify fuel and timing functions to best take advantage of the modifications you make.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back