The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1g tb on 2g vacuum lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punk3rz

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2012
Surgoinsville, Tennessee
Alright, I finally got my car running, now to do the taboo vacuum line diagram.
I'm a little confused as of which ones to block off since it is a 1g tb on a 2g.
From what I can understand, I need to block off all 4 vacuum lines on the very left side.
T in the FPR vacuum line that goes from fpr to tb for boost gauge.
Then the vacuum line coming off the center of the intake manifold to my BOV.
My question is, where do I need to T into the wastegate?
I read you're not suppose to T into the BOV line and also, is there a vacuum line thats suppose to come off the turbo?
Any help would be appreciated.
I have searched, just can't find anything on the swapped one.
And what I have found I can't seem to understand.

Yes there is a line that comes off the turbo or j pipe (depending on which turbo you have) and a line for the wastegate. I am assuming you are installing a boost controller. The wastegate line goes to the side nipple on the MBC and the bottom nipple goes to the compressor housing or j pipe. Do not tap the BOV line.

I have an evo 3 16g but I do not see any vacuum lines on the turbo. Just 2 coolant and 2 oil. None on jpipe either. Would I possibly connect the wg to my intake? There's a hose coming off my injen intake, would it connect to it?

It's recommended to run the line from the wastegate to a location AFTER the turbo (or on the compressor housing), but before the intake manifold. So either on your j-pipe or the intercooler piping. Closer to the turbo is best. Just do a quick search and you will find solutions that others have come up with. Most weld a bung onto the j-pipe.

It is annoying, but this is the way it has to be done.

EDIT: See here - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-tech/269122-resolved-need-j-pipe-nipple.html

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back