The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g NonTurbo Performance Header?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IceDragon

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 13, 2004
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
I was looking around and can't seem to find many performance headers for a 1g. Pacesetter and Hedman make some but I believe they are only replacement headers and not actual performance headers. I remember reading about Hedman Chikera Power Plus headers but I haven't really seen anyone with any (I ordered one in HTC only to never recieve them). I remember punishment racing having a header, but last I heard, it interfered with the power steering and they haven't released an updated one yet??? Anyone please give me more options for headers. I also want to know if anyone has aftermarket headers that came with flex sections in them?

I just got some used OBX headers for my 2.0l NT. I give the OBX brand a big :thumb:

They are stainless steel, have some really nice welds and there is a flex section (sort of).
The OBX 'flex section' does not look like the stock piece at all, but it does seem to work.
Mine have probably got about 2 or 3 thousand miles on them but they look nearly new after being cleaned up and polished. (Bling is good...) The OBX brand headers look 'thick' and should hold up for a good while. They got my vote.

I have not installed them on my car as yet but I am curious what kind of gains I may see with them... I guess I will find out in a few weeks when they go on. :dsm:

any real header will give you a performance gain over the stock exhaust manifold on the 1g, especially if yours is cracked like mine was. i have a pacesetter ceramic coated header. the workmanship looks great and i have no complaints with how it performs, however, i do have issues with the material quality. my header+downpipe had only been on my car for about seven months and when i pulled my block out for my 2.4 project that i'm doing. i noticed that the whole downpipe was rusting. the ceramic coating didn't prevent rusting like i thought it would. so i just got some header wrap and i'm going to put that over it. i might even send it to JET HOT to have them re-coat it properly.

anubis said:
i have a pacesetter ceramic coated header. the workmanship looks great and i have no complaints with how it performs, however, i do have issues with the material quality. my header+downpipe had only been on my car for about seven months and when i pulled my block out for my 2.4 project that i'm doing. i noticed that the whole downpipe was rusting.

I would have to agree, i have a pacesetter manifold on my 96 turbo and it works great but it is starting to rust just a little in a few spots. Oh and FYI if your header comes and its painted black, that is not high temp paint. I put my manifold on and when i started the car and closed the hood it looked like i had blown my engine with all the smoke that came out. Give them 5 min or so and all the paint will burn off, then the header/ manifold should get a brownish/purpleish look to it (mine did) if you ask me, it looks sweet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back