The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1g MAS to 2g MAS Q's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunernewb92

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 10, 2008
North Canton, Ohio
So me and 360glitch's car is idling bad still. We have replaced the ISC, the Cam Positioning Sensor, checked all the vacuum lines, replaced the exhaust with a 3'' er, and blocked of the FAIV (bandaid I know, but I just need to find the dang problem). We are left with the probability of our MAS being bad I do believe. Even if thats not the problem we would like to switch to a 2g MAS because of the increased airflow.

That being said, I know we need the 1g to 2g wiring convertor that they sell on ebay, atleast the 2g injectors, we plan to rewire the full pump or get a Wally 190, and the 2g MAS. I also know the car has to be tuned to run with the 2g MAS. Is there a chip or something that a company sells that has the proper air to fuel mixture changes burned in it?

Also, does anybody know how to tell if a car has 2g injectors already in it?

Thanks,
Brian

You do not need the 2g's injectors they are the same as the 1g's (450cc) unless you have an auto (390cc). Regardless you do not need them.

This is what you need:
2g MAS
2g MAS Plug Pigtail (can also use 1g power transistor plug pigtail)
Intake Pipe (stock 2g intake works well)
Air filter
A way to compensate for the difference in airflow (which includes but is not limited to: SAFC, Corrected Eprom Chip, DSMlink.)

I have one on my car and I ran a SAFC for a long time. Then I got smart and started burning my own chips and sold the SAFC.

keydiver.com sells chips corrected for the 2g mas. If I were you and you buy a chip I would get some larger injectors for it before you order the chip. That way you don't have to get yours reflashed later when you want to upgrade injectors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back