The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1g Fog Light Switch Fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We all are aware of the tried and true VFAQ 1G Fog Light Switch “Fix” that has you remove the spring inside the switch.

Here is another way of fixing the broken fog light switch. Taking a closer look at the problem with the switch, I noticed that the problem was that a small piece of molded plastic broke off of the switch housing. And when I was testing the bulb of a spare rear window defroster switch, I noticed that it had the same plastic piece still on the inside of the switch housing. All I did was swap out the guts of the fog light switch and put them in the housing of the rear defroster switch. Volia! It works just like the factory switch. The hazard button and the pop-up button will also work, since they both have a push-on push-off design.

Here is another way of fixing the broken fog light switch. Taking a closer look at the problem with the switch, I noticed that the problem was that a small piece of molded plastic broke off of the switch housing. And when I was testing the bulb of a spare rear window defroster switch, I noticed that it had the same plastic piece still on the inside of the switch housing. All I did was swap out the guts of the fog light switch and put them in the housing of the rear defroster switch. Volia! It works just like the factory switch. The hazard button and the pop-up button will also work, since they both have a push-on push-off design.
Really, really good idea, but it would be interesting to put some pictures, my idea is to recover a button that I have here.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back